Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#247167 Tue Apr 12 2011 05:29 AM
W
OP Offline
W
I am looking for some advice on the 766 I am restoring to Sinclair specs (Power X, red and white body/doors), what color should the light bulb manifold be? WHat about the sight glass maniford color? I have power coated the frame white to match the top and sides, doors will be red. Also would like to have the computer restored, anyone out there do this? IF so, costs?
Thanks
Ed

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
When researching for my 766 I came up with these colors as the most commonly used: yellow for electrical manifold, red for the gas manifold. Also, Joe Yokum was a name that came up on oldgas when I asked about veeder root repair. He's on here somewhere.

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks, do you by any chance have pictures on the interior of your pump with the doors open?

W
OP Offline
W
Another question is what color should the hose reel/weight combo thing be painted? As for the yellow are we talking bright yellow, like JOhn Deere or a pale whitish yellow. Same for the red, stoplight red or a darker shade of red. Just want to restore this correctly
THanks
ED

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joe has had some medical problems, these problems have kept him from working on V-Rs. Not sure that he has healed enough to start working on them again? Kevin has been trying to contact him with no luck, the last I read.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I'm no expert on what colors it should be exactly. My research showed yellow electrical manifold and red gas manifold. I did John Deere Yellow and Huskee Tractor Red. The frame is Rustoleum Silver. Anything that looks shinier than Rustoleum Silver is Duplicolor Argent Silver wheel paint. It is the brightest silver you can find that does not turn dull when you rub it with your hands. It is very durable IMO. Here a video of the guts of the pump with a working Veeder Root computer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UtMtl5pxZM

I paint all the insides silver, with Omni MAE.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: jackofalltrades
Here a video of the guts of the pump with a working Veeder Root computer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UtMtl5pxZM

VERY COOL ! cool

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved