Print Thread
#247210 Tue Apr 12 2011 09:24 AM
V
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
V
I need some enlightenment please...
why is this can so valuable, yet there are a couple other Capitol 2 gallon cans on there that are not having the crazy bidding. The only difference I saw was the type of oil contained in the can, is that the reason?

Capitol Ebay 2 Gallon Can

Last edited by vintagecar; Tue Apr 12 2011 09:25 AM.
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
I sold the same can 2 months ago for 35 bucks. The same bidder is bidding on this, that bids on lots of his stuff !!! ????

D
DP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
This auction has that old familiar odor.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Same seller as the Wolf's Head composite quart that went for 305 $.

Why are bidders throwing so much $$$ at his common cans?

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
they arent !

V
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
V
I need to have that seller sell some of my items and I will give him a cut. smile
I agree with DP, smells sorta fishy to me...

E
E
I don't understand what is being said here? It takes at least 2 people ( or more) to run the price of an auction up. You are saying that his stuff goes for too much money. Are you saying that he is buying his own stuff back for huge money? Because that would be really stupid. Unless he is shill bidding against himself, then some one other than himself, is paying huge money for his stuff. I see stuff sell for half the price of the same thing, all the time on ebay. The pictures, time & day listed, description, catagory...all those things have an impact on final price. Maybe he's just doing it better than others? I haven't bothered to really analyze his auctions, but if you guys all say his stuff goes big...well there are only those 2 explanations...I think?

Last edited by ebaygenious; Wed Apr 13 2011 01:25 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Still smells like a SKUNK

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i have dealt with seller before and he`s great!!! he gets a lot various items mostly AG,,seems to do very well..who knows why people do what they do???? and bid like they do ????just my thoughts

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Something is wrong with this.....The same seller consistantly gets gets HUGELY overpriced bidding on items that are anything but uncommon and, IMO, almost too ordinary at times. Yet, if you compare to other items that come up for auction within a few days time frame and are the same item selling at reasonable, expected, fair market values then somethiing is not on the up and up here. C'mon...these Capital 2 gallon cans more times than not on Ebay will go off unsold. These are CRAZY, CRAZY prices for ordinary cans.......ESPECIALLY 2 gallons.

........Dave
Online Cool
I have stuck up for this seller in the past because I have dealt with him and all turned out well. I have no explanation for these crazy prices and nonsense bidding. Could be what is suspected or could be just crazy people.

When I see this sort of activity, I usually just step back and stay out of it. Not to say I haven't at times paid far too much for something I thought I really wanted. crazy

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved