Next Thread
Print Thread
#248557 Mon Apr 18 2011 01:34 PM
A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
What is it? Whats it worth? Looks like it was working many years ago. Sits on a underground tank at a old farm. I may be able to find owner info, if its worth it ! Thanks

DSC02490.JPG DSC02491.JPG DSC02492.JPG
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Bennett 646....ballpark $500-600 (I restored 2 for my collection)....nice looking pumps when restored.

Last edited by baugie; Mon Apr 18 2011 02:40 PM.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like the shorter 700 series to me and the bottom of the doors and sides look like they have a lot of rust damage. My guess would be 250.00 - 300.00 max in this condition.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The time I stopped to look at this pump the farmer/owner came by on his tractor and told me he was going to pull it off and put it out of sight because he was tired of all the people asking if it was for sale. Chances are it will be there till the building falls on it. He went up the dirt road to the left if you want to give it a shot though...large cranky looking guy, plaid shirt and bib overalls.

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Tok is right, the guy is strange. "He's gonna restore it" is what he told me 15 years ago. If you want take the upper road behind the pump approx 1/2 mile around the bend, large red insul brick farm house on left with scaffolding wrapped around it (the scaffolding has also been standing around the house for 15 years. LoL . Good Luck !

A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING !! Is there a pump you dont know about??
If one of you guys want it, I'll give it a shot! Let me know what youll pay him. I dont do pumps! wink

Last edited by always lookin; Mon Apr 18 2011 03:13 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My opinion..for what it is worth. Is figure out what you are willing to pay. Go ask if he would entertain an offer and shoot the offer at him and see what he says. I have purchased three pumps this way.

Conversation starts out after small talk...., "Would you be interested in selling it?" If answer is no, then I say, "Well, I would be willing to pay this much for it (set price) and if it is ever for sale, I would be interested.." Give them your business card withthe $$ onthe back and see what happens. Don't forget to thank them for their time. he may be tired of lowballers...Just a thought.

The last farmer, after I offerd a price said, "Well, (insert swear word) you're the first (S.O.B.) to offer me a fair (insert wear word) price. Get it out of here." He went and got a pipe wrench and disconnected it for me.

Last edited by Alex; Tue Apr 19 2011 02:24 PM.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved