Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KZ1000 #250337 Sun Apr 24 2011 01:21 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Shoot, I would settle for a photograph of a Fry "Super Twin" I'm betting they never actually built more than a prototype ........ Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
eshaver #250339 Sun Apr 24 2011 01:28 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Better buy 2-3 Books, 1ea for Truck, Office/Throne & Den!
Plus Always have a camera when out looking for pumps.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have seen a super twin, they were built.....

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The pictures I used in the book for the Fry Speedboy and the Fry Meter System pumps were from an 1928 ad, so they must have made them.

At the time Fry (the name was changed from Guarantee Liquid Measure to Fry around 1928) was making these pumps, they became part of the Wayne Pump Co., and it does appear that Wayne continued to make the Mae West pumps, but probably didn't make many of the Speedboys.

My opinion as to why Wayne acquired the Fry Co. was not to get the patents or to make the gas pumps, but to acquire the Marvel division. This is what was incorporated into Wayne, actually advertising the lube and oil dispensers as Wayne-Marvel.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sun Apr 24 2011 08:50 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
KZ1000 #256073 Wed May 25 2011 06:08 PM
I think you might be right on that one KZ1000 - Beginners luck does exist, and I hope I might be the benificary of that on my very fist purchase into the pump world buying a 95-98% complete Pennsylvania Pump Co "Penometer" 41 Clock Face Gas Pump at a very decent price recently. For not having time to do ANY research before buying, and bairly knowing the difference between a visible, clock face & computer (and details I did know, come from recently watching American Pickers)let alone a Wayne vs a Tokheim. When I tried to research it after buying it, and could find next to nothing online about the pump or company other than two quotes, one from Jack's book, which said "next to nothing is known about this company". Next step, I bought Jack's book on my iPad, and have not stopped digging into it's history since!

Rare does not always mean valuable - sometimes things are rare because nobody wants or has an interest in them, but I think I'll do all right on this Penometer.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved