Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I had a day to remember today! I had the ultimate pleasure of taking a tour of the Tackaberry collection. I will post tons of pics of this in a seperate post. The collection is approximately 60,000 square feet of petroliana and Trucks and tractors. Here is a pic that almost ruined the day for me of his patio table. He bought it like this and takes it to shows.

DSC_9960.jpg DSC_9961.jpg

Colin Latreille
Always looking for Quality Canadian Oil & Gas & Ford Signs
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
buy him a complete patio set from wally world for it.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wish I could find cool stuff like that! Always loved the Supertest signs. Gotta get me one someday!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Man thats a shame someone cut a hole in the middle of that sign. That one is a beauty. Bet it is a good conversation piece at shows for sure smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I was told before I went there he sells nothing..Believe me I tried... Walking through his collection he talks like it was the firt time he had seen it too. His collection consists of 250 licensed and plated for the road Trucks and an unknown amount of farm tractors housed in 11 buildings. They are all full so they built overhangs onto the outside of the buildings to store the tractors that could not fit. He also has a toy collection of 20-30,000 pieces. only about half are displayed.

Doc he had six supertest signs in total 3 porcelain and 3 large plastic 6 footers.

I will have to take some time to go through the pics and reduce the size of them and will post later this week.

Colin Latreille
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Collin, aty one time in both Houston and in upper Dallas , there was a resturant called "The Filling Station " Guess what sign enthusiasts , the tables were 48 round pole signs !!!!!!! You betcha , Humble , Texaco, Lyon , Even a Magnolia ! I was in both locations , mostly the one in Dallas on Upper Greenvile avenue. Beer was dispensed out of Maye - West 117's one at either end of the bar .

I dunno if the one in Dallas is still around or not. I'm told the one in Houston folded . Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IF it hadn't been used as a table it would have stayed in a dump somewhere.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Ed, I was thinking of you when I layed eyes on the 1/5th scale models he had professionally built out of the US. They were all made of wood, PVC and aluminum. all were featured in Toy Modler magazine. He has 5 in total. When they transported the Toys Models to him, he loved the International truck they used to haul them in..so he bought the complete unit.

Take a look..remember these are 90% wood!..I thought the tracks and wheels were rubber as I stood beside them..They are wood!. The tractor and the dump trailer beside it are the same. On the back of the tractor bunk is a small diesel engine. This is used in local parades. It is fully equipped with a air ride suspension..

DSC_0005.jpg DSC_0011.jpg DSC_0012.jpg DSC_0013.jpg

Colin Latreille
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Colin, you say these are 1/5th scale models ????? Somthin tells me I need to get muh sef up into Canada to see these magnificent exibits ! Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
If you ever make it up Ed I would be glad to set up a tour for you. It took 2 years full time for the guy to build the models pictured.

Colin Latreille

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved