Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#25117 Mon Feb 19 2007 11:52 AM
K F H Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I'm not a globe collector...There is a guy near me who has a Red Crown globe for sale. It is the one with Red Crown embossed in raised letters on the lower band of the globe. It has very little red paint left on it, but doesn't seem to have any chips or cracks in it. If I could pick it up for the right price, I could use it for trading material later on.
Anyone care to guess what the value would be on this globe? Thanks for any and all replies!
Kurt

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#25118 Mon Feb 19 2007 04:10 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
$600..... $800....... somewhere in there? That's a hard globe to find with original paint. It would have to be an NOS storage find, 'cause that paint didn't last as long as a lot of other one-piece globes. A good original paint NOS would be over $1000 pretty good.

#25119 Mon Feb 19 2007 10:45 PM
K F H Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply BBQ CHICKEN. Is this a much sought after globe? I would hate to pay close to that and get stuck holding it. I already have enough pricey hobbies without getting into collecting globes. I'm afraid once I start I may not be able to stop...Thats how the pumps got started!

Anyone else have a guess on the globe value?

Kurt

#25120 Tue Feb 20 2007 05:08 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kurt,
Dave nailed the value. That globe is one of the more desireable crowns to Standard collectors but doesn't have much appeal to most globe collectors. Buy the globe if you're comfortable with the price. You'll have more fun collecting globes than you will trying to sell them.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved