Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Greg that's a killer sign!! I have seen a few in collections but only one for sale, it was NOS, still had the paper on it but the seller was not serious about selling it, he was "Taking Offers"???

Cool Sign!!

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wish I had an NOS one. Cleared or not I was keeping this one. Labeled H D Beach Coshocton OH. Not a restaurant sign for sure.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Bustermonty, I'm not quite sure if you understood the restaurant reference. Some of the more modern day restaraunt chains are using old signage to create nostalgic atmospheres inside and sometimes on the outside as well. Cracker Barrel restaraunts and Applebee's (although not nearly at the same level) use signage and other memmorablilia all over the walls. Sometimes these signs get a "freshen-up" coat of clear mostlikely so they don't have an old dirty appearence. Those are the 2 large chains I can think of but I've also seen many smaller or local mom and pop eateries use them as well.

........Dave
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lot of Humble oil cans from last week,both 5 quarts are from a oldgasser & they are in great shape ! Humble outboard can's EBAY deal! B.T.W .............Greg that Champion flange is outstanding ,congrats on the sign ! lets just hope the Argentinians don't get any ideas!

_2.jpg

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: lordparaffin
Bustermonty, I'm not quite sure if you understood the restaurant reference. Some of the more modern day restaraunt chains are using old signage to create nostalgic atmospheres inside and sometimes on the outside as well. Cracker Barrel restaraunts and Applebee's (although not nearly at the same level) use signage and other memmorablilia all over the walls. Sometimes these signs get a "freshen-up" coat of clear mostlikely so they don't have an old dirty appearence. Those are the 2 large chains I can think of but I've also seen many smaller or local mom and pop eateries use them as well.
Dave do you know how cracker barrel buys there signs ? The reason i ask is ........a location near me has some very neat old signs & "THERE REAL" im not 100% sure ,but i did not think 6' porcelain signs were repopped?they show wear & look like barn hangers ! However the sign im questioning is a sst embossed TRACTO "ROUGH DIMINUTIONS=24"X13" I HAVE SEEN THIS SIGN "PERFECT CONDITION" IN 3 DIFFERNT C.B LOCATIONS NOW & ALL THREE WERE 10'S / PERFECT! Was this repopped for restaurants?

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My understanding is that Cracker Barrel has the largest collection of "Stuff" in the country and they try to hang original items. What a great job it would be to hunt for them full time. Fridays was the chain that had signs made and cleared for them. Sure the Champion sign could have been in a restaurant and cleared for that reason. However, my experience tells me that's not the case with this one.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I bought a tracto a year or so ago and when it arrived it was obviously a repo, dont know who made it but have owned a few real ones and this one yelled at me when I unwrapped it, guy wouldnt take it back, I still have it, wont pass it on unless someone knows it isnt real ahead of time..Frank

I collect anything Hyvis oils
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Actually I always wondered how they came about the signs they have because there's a sign or 2 at our local that I think are great and I've never seen before. Makes you wonder what they pay for them.

........Dave
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Degree in marketing will snag you a job for a couple chains that buys signs, antiques, ect for decoration. I've checked into it.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Well I haven't posted any thing in awhile. Most came from ebay but the two Frontier Husky cans and the Husky battery label come because of my autobody classes. A gentleman there belongs to the the antique auto club here in town and told me of a old member that was cleaning his garage. When I got to his place found out he was somebody that I had went fishing with in 1959. His mother used to work at Frontier. And thanks DB for the restroom sign my keys look great on it. Mitch

PDR_0174.JPG PDR_0175.JPG PDR_0177.JPG PDR_0176.JPG
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
In reguards to Cracker Barrel....I have one customer who buys for them. They have a large warehouse in Lebanon Tennessee. I'm not exactly sure of the buying process, but I think they set the prices and the seller can either accept them or reject them. Apparently they must pay decent because he keeps buying for them. I will talk to him in detail next time I see him, then let the oldgas community know what he says!

Brandon Ferguson
Central City, KY
Farm Related Advertising
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Now that would be interesting to get some insight on that process. Someday, mabe not in our lifetime, but mark my words, I'll bet there is a mass selloff. Wouldn't that be an event to attend!

........Dave

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved