Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#251840 - Sun May 01 2011 05:15 PM Sinclair petroleum Pest Destroyer
Nucky Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Belgium, Liege
I found this old carboard display this morning in a flea market
my eyes were catch by the colors who were really great and the graphism, but when I saw the small text line at the bottom " Sinclair petroleum company S.A. ", I know I have to buy it.

the sign is in really good condition, single sided with a tax stamp on it (it was a tax paid to advertise here in belgium used until mid 1990) the stamp is oblitered with this text : sinclair petroleum - 28 oct. 1931 - company S.A.

was it common to petroleum company to produce and sell insecticide sprayer ? Did others company produced thos sprayers ?

here are pics of the sign :

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#251854 - Sun May 01 2011 06:00 PM Re: Sinclair petroleum Pest Destroyer [Re: Nucky]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Now you can start looking for the Sprayer.

Attachments
Sinclair PD Sprayer.jpg

#251968 - Sun May 01 2011 09:37 PM Re: Sinclair petroleum Pest Destroyer [Re: Dick Bennett]
thermactor Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Decatur, IL
There were a lot of different versions of the Sinclair PD sprayers - they would make a pretty neat display, especially with your cardboard display piece.

Other oil companies made insecticides. Shell, Mobil, Gulf, and Standard come to mind. I have a Gulf sprayer, and I'm sure other oil companies sold sprayers as well.

Wes

#252506 - Wed May 04 2011 11:35 AM Re: Sinclair petroleum Pest Destroyer [Re: thermactor]
Nucky Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Belgium, Liege
thanks all I have to do now is find one of those sprayers lol

I just hope they are not too toxic to display in a room !

#252520 - Wed May 04 2011 01:41 PM Re: Sinclair petroleum Pest Destroyer [Re: Nucky]
Maps for the memories Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Midwest
Flit insecticide was an Esso product, if my memory serves.

#252522 - Wed May 04 2011 01:53 PM Re: Sinclair petroleum Pest Destroyer [Re: Maps for the memories]
JunkGas Offline

Loc: CAL
I have one of those Esso Flit sprayers, along with a Gulf one. Someday hopefully I will find one of those Sinclair ones!

#252625 - Wed May 04 2011 10:41 PM Re: Sinclair petroleum Pest Destroyer [Re: JunkGas]
thermactor Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Decatur, IL
I wouldn't worry about it being too toxic to display. Dozens of them were probably emptied in every older house around, so having an empty one sitting around should not be a big deal.

Wes

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved