Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ok, here is something very cool. At the pet store today with my baby Blue and Gold Macaw Phil I ran across an all glass fish tank that was 12 inch diameter and 36 inch’s tall. 1/8th inch glass and it retails for 115.00. Got the name of the company making it and will be calling this week to see about getting the glass cut down for pumps with a wholesale account. How flipping cool would this be?

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Awesome!! I would order some for sure.

Mike

KJV Psalms 16:11

Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
P
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
P
I'd order some, too....even if I had to cut them down myself...not a big deal. Keep us informed!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I wanna know too.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
They gave me the contact info for the place they are getting their round glass. We may have an account soon!

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
What did you find out on the glass travis?

ward

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
We might be able to get all the glass for the visi's from them. They are sending me account package and samples.

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Do they have sizes other than 12 inch 12 and a half mabe? Do you have prices?

ward

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
They have lots of sizes from 8 inches up to 48 inches. I do not have specs yet or wholesale prices. I will keep everyone posted.

I just sent them my Federal EIN number and Kansas Sales Tax numbers for the wholesale account. I still need to fill in there paperwork when it comes in.

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I currently stock 3", 3 1/2" and 4" diameter glass for visi-gauges. Looks like we will compete on this.
Ron

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Oh Ron, you know I am not a competitor just a gas pump geek out for parts no one carries. lol We can work something out on the glass if this works out. I am just happy we found another real glass visi supplier! Plus you still have the VERY BEST white cotton cloth hoses, and all the BEST cast iron parts in the world!!!

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Just wondering what happened on this

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
I am also wondering what happened to this I am interested.

ward

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
add me to the wondering list to. cggas

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The two aquarium manufactures I am dealing with will not cut them down like the owner originally said they would when I opened the accounts. I am guessing they are getting the glass somewhere else already cut to their specks. I am also having problems getting them agree to leave the plastic tops and bottoms off of the glass – they say their insurance companies would not let them do that for liability reasons. The glass is not very thick so it is very brittle without the top and bottom rings on it.

The good news is that I have found a glass shop in North Downtown Topeka that says they have the equipment to cut down the glass if I can get the tops and bottoms off without damaging it “they think”. They say to I should be able to remove the tops and bottoms by using acetone or paint stripper. I have one tank and I will see if this will work.

In the meantime my wife and I are going to take a 2 week trip to out Oregon and then down California very soon to “dig” through the two aquarium companies dumpsters to try to get address off of their shipping box’s and paperwork that they throw away. If they are using paper shredders you just have to put the paper back together like a puzzle if it is strip cut and most of the time the strip cut paper is still stuck together in a 8x11 bundle – plus most companies bag their paper in plastic trash bags all together and that helps to protect it from getting wet – you have to thank them for that because I hate putting together smelly coffee stained and wet strip cut paper! This works very well unless they use a cross cut paper shredder – if they do that salvaging destroyed paperwork is out the window and the information can not be gotten as easily – but the box labels are always left alone!

I can just see some of the venders locking up their dumpster lids now and buying cross cut paper shredders and un-bagging the cross cut shred before tossing in the dumpster and tossing the coffee on them after that then locking the dumpster lids back down! All that because you can’t cut the lock because that would be breaking and entering!

I just got back from Nebraska for the last time; it’s a good thing I have already spent the last 3 years going up there! lol

YES this is very legal to do because trash is public domain unless they have a “no trespassing sign nailed up”, or the dumpster is behind a closed fence or yard, or the lid is locked down but then they have to catch you in the act and 99.5% of the time you are just asked to leave by the cops…

Now you know some of my tricks!

Don’t worry guys; I will get this figured out even if I have to dismantle the round glass table top aquariums myself! Getting this part is not a business opportunity for me and I’m not out to make a BIG profit by doing this. I am doing this for US the members of www.oldgas.com who own tall visible gas pumps who need this part very badly and can not afford to spend 400.00-900.00 on real glass or even 295.00 on plastic for our Fry Pumps!!!

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved