Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
P
Travis,
While I can't speak for the law in California, I thought I'd at least clue you in on things here in Oregon. While you are correct that the Supreme Court has ruled on garbage as public domain under the 4th amendment (California v. Greenwood), here in Oregon STATE LAW dictates that trash containers OWNED BY THE PARTY still maintain their privacy interest under Article 1 Section 9 of the Oregon Constitution (see State v. Galloway). Anything in those cans retain that same interest until such time that they are picked-up by trash collectors. At that point, they become public domain. Also, if you move, climb in, or even OPEN the top of the can, you could be infringing on that protected interest. It might well be the cops would just tell you to get lost, but I would hate to see you get nailed just because of a misplaced belief.
Good luck.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
P
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
P
P.S. That being said, I REALLLLLY hope you get ahold of this information. I have a few glassless visibles that are pulling for ya, too.

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Just go through the Thomas registers and find who makes glass tubing and ask them their sizes..

But I bet the Aquariums are coming in from offshore..if the prices are low.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved