Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Thought it would be a good idea to run this again so we can get to know some of the new members on here. Were getting close to 5000 members so I'm hoping we can get at least 50 replys from new members. To get to know you all more well I added a couple more questions to answer.

* Your name
* Your occupation
* Introduce your family
* Your petro collection specialties
* The ultimate find you one day hope to attain
* Your favorite pump
* Your favorite company
* How long you've been collecting for
* How you became interested in the gas/oil hobby
*WHATS THE BEST FRIGGIN WEBSITE ON THE NET

So I guess I'll start it off.
My names I'm 16 and live in northern VA. I own a small little business which I do manual labor, basically anything you need done I can do it. Electrical, installing tile and flooring, sheetrock, landscaping, woodworking, etc. I have 3 brothers, 3 sisters, a mom, step-mom,a dad, and a step-dad. Dont really have a petro collection specialty as my collect consists of an American Sign, gas pump, and a couple patches. My favorite pump is a Wayne 60 and my favorite company is Esso or Sinclair cant decide which ones better. My step-dad got me into the hobby about 5 years ago and its by far, the coolest hobby you could get into. And of course BY FAR, Oldgas is the grooviest place on the net. And my ultimate find would be non-petro, a 1969 Plymouth GTX Hemi in a old barn in mint condition. So now that I'm introduced all you newbies need to step-up and tell us about yourselves.

Robert

[This message has been edited by MrMoneyClips (edited 12-19-2006).]

[This message has been edited by MrMoneyClips (edited 03-27-2007).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Hey Gang

My name is Doug, I'm 45 years old. My wife of 8 years is Mary Ann. I'm an Electrician by trade, been doing it for 23 years now. I live a few miles outside of Saline, Michigan in the country.

I'm the youngest of six boys who were all raised in my father's Texaco Station 1950-1970's in Ann Arbor. I have very fond memories of the station and working along side my older brothers and father.

I started collecting Texaco/Havoline about six years ago. Don't really remember how it all got started ? I'm on my very first pump a Wayne 70 that was originally a Texaco farm Pump just a few miles down the road from me. To date I have about 400 cans, 60 signs, 7 globes and lots of misc. little things. I guess so far my prize piece would be a 1950's ladies bowling dress from my father's Station. I found it on eBay.

I'll go for finding a mint Texaco Chimney Cap in an old gas stations attic, or a case of old green cans. That would be cool!!. Probably die of a heart attack though.

Oldgas has given me the opportunity to make new friendships along the way. I've met a few of you guys in person and hope to meet the rest of you crazies in the near future.

Hope You Catch Your Dream,

Doug

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
* LARRY "DR.COKE" SCHULZ

* FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPHER

* SINGLE, 47, LIVE ON LONG ISLAND, NY. I HAVE NO IMMEDIATE FAMILY OTHER THAN MY BROTHER TED WHO IS 60 AND MY SISTER DIANE, 57. THEY BOTH SUPPORT MY HOBBY AS DO THEIR KIDS OF SEVERAL ALL MARRIED.

* MY PETRO FAVES ARE SIGNS, CANS, PUMPS AND MAPS.

* MY INCREDIBLE FIND WOULD HAVE TO BE A NICE ASSORTMENT OF N.O.S. GULF MARINE, MARINE WHITE, SUPER MARINE PUMP PLATES...I'M TALKING A FEW HUNDRED! MAYBE A RARE PERFECT PORC SIGN THAT'S BEEN HIDING UNDER PAINT FOR 80+ YEARS.

* FAVE PUMP WOULD BE THE WAYNE 60

* MOBILGAS AND FLYING A/TYDOL

* COLLECTING SINCE 1985

* SHOPPING FOR COCA-COLA MEMORABILIA AT THE CARLISLE SHOW.

* OLDGAS.COM (MEMBER SINCE DEC 2003)

~DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES!

ME AND FRIEND EDYTA

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
heck i just reread the whole darn post,and i thought it said newbies!!doc and doug you guys are OLD............gassersLOL

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ya' gotta love Mick.... He just goes places that some of uf dont.....

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Thunder

I think Mick's ready for a ride too ! In the back. Besides I don't remember posting in the other one.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WELL, IT DOES SAY FELLOW NEWBIES AND...."OLDGASSERS." EH? LOL!

~DOC

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
pick me up on the way to dougs.i got shotgun!

[This message has been edited by oldnfuelish (edited 12-19-2006).]

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Howdy. My name is Mike CARSON. Married to Michelle for 21 years. Dog named Akita.

Retired. I am a collector of too much stuff, Michelle says. I like parking meters, fire hydrants, old tools and farm implements, old phones, lanterns, rocks, Land Cruisers, old clocks, etc.
My buddy got me my first gas pump for my birthday.

A Tokheim 39 tall from Don Sherwood. The gas pump came with Don's card and oldgas.com on the back. I have been hooked ever since. I can't say I have a favorite company. I like them all. Favorite pump is my 39. It was such a shock to see it in my buddies truck on my birthday. It will be awhile before it gets a restore but I think it adds a touch of class to the shop as is. Wife is calling me for dinner, got to go.
Mike

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
OK,here goes. I'm Chadrocks Dad. I've been a patternmaker for the last 30 working with foundry equip. and automotive molds. Happily married to Faith for the last 33 years. Last time I looked at my DL,I was 52 years young. Interested in oil2gas for the last18 years. A street rodder for the last 27. Have a large collectiopnof cans and some pumps.Live in west central Il. Thanks and happy to be a part of this. Pat

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
One more thing,as you can see,I am not too good at Typing.

K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
man.... you guys are YOUNG !!!!

V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Im John from Tinmouth, VT
Im 46, married for 24yrs and have 3 great kids.
I am a retired attorney and have always loved old things. I bought a broken down house that was built in 1791 and have been restoring it for the last 15yrs. My pump came with the place and Ive been meaning to fix it up, but have had other priorities (a bathroom, a roof that doesnt leak, building a shop!)
I just joined the group and dont have a collection, or a favorite pump or brand. However, I think I just found a new hobby. Some of the globes I have seen are really beautiful. A bunch of them would sure look good displayed in my new shop.
I had no idea guys were so into this. Thanks for being so helpful. Ill be comming back for advice as I proceed.

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Hi all, I guess as a newbie I better speak up. I'm Lyle, 38 years young, a auto bodyman, single... can't find a woman that likes my hobbies like oldgas stuff and Oldsmobile 442's and Hurst/Olds, I like Frontier and Husky, but I never refuse a gas sign even if the sign is in rough shape... somebody has to give them a good home. I like restoring M&S 80 gas pumps... I'm starting #7 a Conoco with the ad glass top. This is a cool sight... Dances with pumps told me about it and Raring to go told me to watch for his artical on Frontier where he put my picture of my salt & pepper shakers on. Great job Chris. Hopfully I can contribute to this great sight in the future.

Thanks Lyle westneb44@yahoo.com
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Hi Everyone. My name is Steve Quick and I have been a member for a few years now. I am 45 years old, married with two teenage kids. I am a professional firefighter, actually a Captain. I got started with restoring old cars and presently have a 1960 GMC short box and a 68 Camaro convertible. I bought my first pump about 20 years ago and restored it to Firechief. About 7 years ago i found my second pump then i couldnt stop. I have about 20 pumps, mostly electrics and one visible. My favorite is my wayne 60 which I just restored to Red Indian. I collect pretty much anything auto related but am running out of room so I am getting a little pickier. I also have a few pop machines, or soda machines as you southern people refer to them as. I enjoy heading to Hershey every year. My best find was a canadian Vulcanizer, 10 gallon visible that I found in the country while I was running to train for a marathon. I guess running does pay off.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved