Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#255569 - Sun May 22 2011 07:30 PM BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd.
THE AMERICAN GARAGE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: PECONIC BAY, L.I., NY, USA

BUNCH OF ASSORTED STUFF FROM YESTERDAYS YARD SALES & ESTATE SALES...

INCLUDING SOME CHEAP PETRO BUYS....

THANKS!

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#255571 - Sun May 22 2011 07:37 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd. [Re: THE AMERICAN GARAGE]
tomzcollectiblez Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: La Porte, In
I got a nice large shell sign

an uncommon 76 oil rack sign?

30 inch RPM... smile
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes

#255576 - Sun May 22 2011 07:45 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd. [Re: THE AMERICAN GARAGE]
Chevrolet SS Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: DeKalb, IL
I'll take the Mobil Gas shield sign in the background LOL

Edited by flash_1967 (Sun May 22 2011 07:46 PM)
Edit Reason: spell check

#255578 - Sun May 22 2011 07:48 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd. [Re: tomzcollectiblez]
K W FRITH Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
Lookin Good Tom! Heres a Cities Service Gas Company-No Smoking sign that I bought on Ebay! It was heavily paint spattered but it really cleaned up NICE! I hadn't seen one before and the porcelain looked to be in great shape, soooo I HAD to have it! LOL

Attachments
No Smoking--resized.jpg

Cell#-701-739-6133

#255579 - Sun May 22 2011 07:50 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd. [Re: tomzcollectiblez]
Chevrolet SS Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: DeKalb, IL
Tom, Nice score. Local auction where you are from, or somewhere else?? Just curious.

#255583 - Sun May 22 2011 08:05 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd. [Re: K W FRITH]
K W FRITH Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
I bought this Standard Service sign about a month and a half ago from Hotrodfun1, here on Old Gas. He's located in the middle of Montana and I'm in eastern North Dakota, so we had a slight logistics problem on the transportation. Commercial carriers wanted just as much as my purchase price to get it hauled out here!
Scott offered to get it to his nephews place in western North Dakota, if I could be patient for a while! About 4 weeks after the purchase, it arrived in ND, but still 250 miles away! I then called Porcelain-neon thats here in ND and he knew of a very reasonable transfer service that operated in western ND and he offered to let it be shipped to his place. Forty bucks later, it was at Gregs in Minot and it was a simple phone call to a friend that travels to Minot on a weekly basis and he brought it here to Devils Lake!
SOoooo with a little patience and a little help from other Old Gassers, we got that sign delivered for a total cost of $40!
Thank you very much goes out to both Greg and Scott for their help in this little deal! I truly appreciate it!
Its going to get a good cleaning and polishing and then go into my original Standard Sign Pole that I bought and painted last year! I have only to get it cemented in the ground and wired up for lights! But that will be another set of pictures when I finally get time to put the thing up! Enjoy!

Attachments
Standard_Service--resized.jpg

Cell#-701-739-6133

#255591 - Sun May 22 2011 08:27 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd. [Re: K W FRITH]
57tbirdkid Offline
TBA Feature Host

Loc: NY
My Buys of the week:

Found an old sign bracket and refinished it (not the correct one for the Ford Sign, but until I can fabricate one like the original I figured I would hang it up)-

Matching Set of Plates:

Edited by 57tbirdkid (Sun May 22 2011 08:28 PM)

#255595 - Sun May 22 2011 08:41 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd. [Re: K W FRITH]
DWSheffer Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Hillsdale, Michigan
Hello All,
Here are my buys of the last month and a half....or more in the case of the Pure globe. I bought the pair of NOS lenses off Ebay in October. Roger Winchell picked me up the body at Peotone, which I recently had painted, so in total 6 months and I have a globe! The Mobilgas came from Old Gasser Frank Jones. Thanks to him for replying to my "who owned it" query when I spied it in some show pics a couple months ago. The 3 Hi-Speed items are my only Michigan Gas buys. An original uniform patch and a couple ignition part boxes. Lastly, the 2 Mobil items I already had nicer examples of, but I found them cheap in local antique stores so I can't pass up a good deal, like everyone else.
Take care,
Darin

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#255636 - Sun May 22 2011 10:14 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd. [Re: THE AMERICAN GARAGE]
Houston_Gasoline Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Sugar Land, Texas USA
Took a little time but finally closed the deal on this one. Found in an old shed 20+ years ago and displayed in a non sign collectors kitchen for the last 20 years.

#255640 - Sun May 22 2011 11:25 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd. [Re: Houston_Gasoline]
jeff anderson Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: brookfield. WI, 53005
Some more pumps today, 2 Bowser 241's with globe and light towers, Wayne 85, A really nice Progress Visible, Milwaukee 299, a Fry 17, and 2 Fry 117's

Traded a Tolk 300 for this sight glass

#255641 - Sun May 22 2011 11:41 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd. [Re: jeff anderson]
Garage-A-GoGo Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Midwest
I was sicker than a dawg but had to drive and pickup this CL find.... it was a have to have! worth the drive lol

Attachments
963 BOTW R.jpg

983 BOTW CLOSE R.jpg

#255642 - Sun May 22 2011 11:44 PM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd. [Re: jeff anderson]
MATT ALVAREZ Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cameron Park,Ca.
Wow Jeff. If I lived closer I would love to see all your pumps. I noticed most of the pumps you have been getting have numbers on them. Are they coming from an estate or something?

#255649 - Mon May 23 2011 01:13 AM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd. [Re: MATT ALVAREZ]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
JEFF, THOUGHT YOU SAID THE WAR CHEST WAS EMPTY?

#255651 - Mon May 23 2011 04:26 AM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd. [Re: Dick Bennett]
Nucky Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Belgium, Liege
wow great buys everyone, a lot of great pumps here

I found friday a 1948 tin sign from franklin oil, I missed it in a previous show so now I'm happy to have it. I also find a pepsi cola bottle opener from a cooler

#255658 - Mon May 23 2011 07:14 AM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 16th -22nd. [Re: Houston_Gasoline]
THE AMERICAN GARAGE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: PECONIC BAY, L.I., NY, USA
Originally Posted By: Houston_Gasoline
Took a little time but finally closed the deal on this one. Found in an old shed 20+ years ago and displayed in a non sign collectors kitchen for the last 20 years.

WOW! As a sign lover that is one awesome beauty! Congrats on getting that...gotta be proud to now say that it's yours! Almost reminds me of the knight on the horse Invader signs! smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved