Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#256049 - Wed May 25 2011 06:50 PM oil can display
jackofalltrades Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: West Michigan
Finished my oil can display rack in the basement and thought I'd share of picture of how it turned out. The Motorcraft shelves were bought at the MI gas show this weekend. The shelves were scratched and had minor rust, so I refinished them. When I saw it I thought it would make a nice set of shelves for my cans and bottles. I need some kind of barrier, maybe a wire or piece of plexiglass, to make sure the glass bottles don't fall off the top shelf. There's a six year old in the house. Although he's careful and respectful of dad's stuff, there's still risk :-)

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#256056 - Wed May 25 2011 07:16 PM Re: oil can display [Re: jackofalltrades]
JamesD Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Texas, near Houston
I think the six your old has already been playing with your stuff. He turned your Phillip 66 can upside down! smile Nice Shelf.

#256078 - Wed May 25 2011 08:21 PM Re: oil can display [Re: JamesD]
T-way Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Riley, MI, USA
J.O.A.T.:

Get yourself some 'Funtack' or 'Art Wax'. These are products that look like colored clay or wax and are used to adhere delicate objects to shelves in display settings like art galleries or museums.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/15..._Adhesive_.html

I got a package a few years ago at the 'Impulse Buy' display at a Lowe's checkout.

You just pinch off a piece - roll it around in your hands to warm it up - then stick it to the bottom of the object and then onto the shelf. Done.

Easily removable with a little force - but not noticable.

Later . . .

Jim

#256135 - Thu May 26 2011 05:57 AM Re: oil can display [Re: T-way]
jackofalltrades Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: West Michigan
T-way, thanks for the tip! So far the 6 year old could care less about the cans and bottles. Hopefully it stays that way for a while.

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved