Click here for Air Meter auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#258047 Thu Jun 09 2011 11:00 AM
OP Offline
Hello there,
My name is Legna and I have been searching frantically for a Gulf Oil cap, I was hoping to find someone that has the cap and is willing to sell it.

My fiance's grandfather was the owner of a Gulf gas station, he passed when my fiance’s father was only 17 years old at which age he took over the gas station and has ran it for the past 37 years (it is now a Chevron and no longer a Gulf station). The cap I am in search of was handed down to my fiancé and he absolutely loved it, wore it daily… a few years back his car was broken into and the hat was taken along with everything else inside the car. He's been searching ever since for this cap with no luck. I would really appreciate some help in trying to acquire it; I’m hoping to give it to him as a surprise gift.
Any help at all would really be appreciated.
The cap was navy blue with the Gulf emblem patch in the front, the back was mesh and adjustable.. I have attached a photograph in this e-mail so that you have an idea of what I am looking for.. I believe the cap was completely navy though unlike the one in the photo that has beige.. I never got to see the cap, I met my fiance after the fact, but he talks about it often and I would love nothing more than to be able to find it for him.

Thank you so much!

legnamary@gmail.com

gulfcap.jpg
Last edited by LegnaMary; Thu Jun 09 2011 11:00 AM.
LegnaMary #258051 Thu Jun 09 2011 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...my advice: find a hat you like, buy a Gulf patch on eBay and sew it on the hat...MUCH easier than trying to find a specific vintage hat that will fit...should be quite easy to find a navy blue 'trucker' hat (what they're called these days) online, probably on eBay as well...good luck...

Last edited by gulfiend!; Thu Jun 09 2011 11:19 AM.

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
LegnaMary #258060 Thu Jun 09 2011 12:53 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here ya go - Navy Blue with embroidered logo/patch.

Not a mesh back, but adjustable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-GULF-...lQ5fMerchandise

Later . . .

Jim

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved