Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow Can't keep track 50, 55 but I would say only 30 to 40 in my collection. Have had at least a dozon more. Bought four in a few days last month and two the month before.
Nice find the other day, found I had a 16 1/2 Mobil globe and body with only one lens that I had forgot about. Had it with some globes I was storing for a friend. Could not remember for sure if it was mine or his until I looked threw my old receits and found the auction I had bought it at. When you start to forget what you have it is a good sign that you are out of control.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WOW!!!! These numbers are unreal. I need to step it up and buy more fast LOL.
I just cant find any around here. Colorado is just not a good state for picking pumps, or I'm looking in all the wrong places.
I'll be looking at Iowa gas this year for a few though.
I have 5.

Looking for anything JENNEY OIL OR GAS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lee, Your looking in the Wrong places! Take the back roads, SLOW DOWN, drive the alleys in the older parts of town. [I once took a wrong turn in Denver, [So. of I-70 near you] & found a guy w/ several pumps & signs]. Check industrial areas for fuel docks/islands, vacation camps/lakes/ski areas etc.

Bet if I spent a day there I could find several pumps within 20 miles of ya!

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
20 some around the house/shop, 1 in Puyallup, 1 in Santa Rosa, 1 in Pittsburgh.......................

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wouldnt it be cool to see a map of the places that pumps we have had and sold have traveled to. I have had over 100 pumps and the most I had at one time was around 50 behind our house.Clock face pumps were my main intrest. It would sure be neat seeing where they have all gone in their travels.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks DB, I'll have to step it up a little bit.
I've been hitting the back roads.
I'll try some mountain towns this summer.
I didn't think the old parts of Denver would produce anything,
a lot of that has been over run with gangs.
I will go trolling and looking though.
Thanks
Lee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LEE, TRY ROADTRIPPING AS A PASSENGER WHEN LOOKING FOR PUMPS. I KNOW I CAN SEE ALOT MORE WHEN I DON'T HAVE TO KEEP MY EYES ON THE ROAD AS THE DRIVER. ALSO LATE FALL AND WINTER IS THE BEST TIME TO SPOT STUFF SINCE NO FOLIAGE IS ON THE TREES AND LANDSCAPE! smile

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Lee
We have had over 70+pumps, down to 50 some now. A lot of them have come from other states, but there are still a lot in Colorado.. Please don't waste your time in the mountains, I have already been there!, hehe have found some nice stuff up there.
Ric

Wanted: Conoco, Marland, Eason, Cliff Brice, Speedway and Oval E stuff!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Your right Jim I always drive, thanks for the good advice. I need all the help I can get.

Hey Ric, any certain part of the mountains that I shouldn't look? LOL! Remember I need all the help I can get.

Thanks
Lee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lee, NOT everyone rides a donkey into/out of the Mountains! LOL

GPRob has picked up several just off the Interstate on the Western side of Colo & another friend bought a POWERINE globe in Grand J. I bought 2 Roller Nozzles last year less than 50 miles from Denver [Most know StRod is always looking for 1 ! ].

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Maybe I need to ride a Donkey so I can see it all, and get in the back woods around here.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
O no !! Two more gas pumps today !! I know I should not look at Craig's List. Picked up two Gilbarco 96's and a Coke ice chest.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
lc336,keep trying.it amazed me when i first started collecting pumps how many were within 10 miles of me that i never saw before.and we are talking visables,a wayne 40a and other more common pumps.let the wife drive so you can watch!they are still out there!!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I voted but I guess I forgot to post. Some day I would like to get around 100 pumps but like many of you guys out there some get sold for one reason. I picked two more today at a garage sale. That makes a total of 35.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have 63 pumps all found within no more than 60 miles of home. Have sold/traded 5 pumps. Started collecting in 1995 when a friend gave me a tall tokheim 39 just to get rid of it. Have 34 different models in my garage with my cars. The last two pumps added to the collection were a Bowser 241 Red Sentry found discarded along the road (drove by it twice before it dawned on me what it was) and a Bennett 541 purchased off Craig's List.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved