Print Thread
#25998 Mon Nov 07 2005 07:19 PM
C
coltex Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
I bought this sign several months ago off of ebay and have been trying to verify what it is. The man advertised it as a "guaranteed original" Gulf sign. I have had some pretty good feedback already, but am trying to get more proof of whether the sign is real or a reproduction. I know what I think, but would like some more knowlegeable feedback. Thank you !! http://www.geocities.com/cmj1125/gulfrepop1.jpg http://www.geocities.com/cmj1125/gulfrepop2.jpg

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#25999 Mon Nov 07 2005 07:24 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...hate to be the one to tell you, bro, but it's a fake...the light blue is too dark, the colors don't 'line up' along the tops of the letters, and any sign this clean would have grommets...my sign has the maker's name at the bottom as well...I've e-mailed the high bidders every time I've seen one of these come up on eBay, sorry I didn't see the auction you bid on...hope you can get your money back...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
#26000 Mon Nov 07 2005 07:27 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...here's coltex's sign, and my original below...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
#26001 Tue Nov 08 2005 06:54 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Clifton,
Gulfiend is right. Your Gulf 30" sign is definitely a repop. It's too bad but several of these double-sided fakes have appeared in the last couple of years, including the Phillips 66 Ethyl shield and a 30" Texaco "T" with star (fantasy). I've seen them on eBay and several swap meets. You may want to ask the seller with the "guarantee" for a refund. Good luck!!

Paul

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved