Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26029 Tue Mar 29 2005 06:33 PM
S
slennox Offline OP
OP Offline
S
We have a 1930's "grease cabinet" that was left in the garage that we just bought. The sellers said that the last time they used it was in 1996. The guns look to be in good repair, but the air compressor may need some work. It was made by the ARO Equipment Corporation in Bryan, OH, model #2235. Does anyone know the approx. value of this cabinet or where we could get parts for it. We don't have a picture of it yet to post. There are just a few "dings" in the cover. Thanks

Email is lennox06@adelphia.net
We called the ARO Equipment Corporation/or whatever name it's under now. All they could tell us is that it was made around 1934 and if we wanted to fix it to use to look in automotive museums for parts etc. The cabinet it's self is approx. 10 feet long and 4 1/2 feet high, white in color but looks like it's been pained. It holds 3 drums and has 4 grease guns with retractable hoses.

[This message has been edited by slennox (edited 03-30-2005).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#26030 Tue Mar 29 2005 10:59 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I have 100s of ads for ARO and also manuals, I will email you about a search.
Jack Sim

[This message has been edited by Jack Sim (edited 03-30-2005).]

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#26031 Tue Mar 29 2005 11:00 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Would very much like to email you, but you didn't leave us your email address.
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
#26032 Tue Mar 29 2005 11:16 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I decided just to explain this. When I wrote the gas pump book, I wrote to libraries asking them to please look up a gas pump company for me, and send any information they could find. They emailed me back saying once I sent them approx. $35.00 they would do a search for me. If they found anything they would send it to me, if they didn't, sorry.
Recently, members have been coming on this this site seeking information on a particular piece of equipment. I have been responding that I would do a search for $25.00, with the same stipulations. I tell them I am the author of the Gas Pump ID book and I have what I believe the largest collection of Service Station Literature known. I had to purchase this information, and the time it takes to look up information on a particual piece of equipment is of value. I don't think this is beyond reason. I have over 24 file drawers full of Service Station information, and it is hard to just give away information. I have no problem with the above person looking for ARO information, but just to let you know what I have been experiancing.
Jack Sim

#26033 Wed Mar 30 2005 09:10 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
slennox: If you can get around to posting some pics we can collectively get you close to an approximate value. Completed Ebay transactions can also help, just do a search on their site. In regards to parts, if you're dealing with the pumping mechanisms I've had the best luck just going down to the local parts stores that do that kind of work. Sometimes just doing a search on Google with the info you have provided us already with can be beneficial. Good luck.

#26034 Wed Mar 30 2005 10:26 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You might be able to find repair information on this site: http://66.84.149.204/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.main&type=Industrial%20Productivity&cat=144

I'm not sure exactly what you have, but if it is an air operated greaser that holds a barrel of grease or gear lube they generally sell at auction in the $15-$50 range. I paid $45 for an Alemite (Stewert Warner) art deco looking unit from the late 30's or early 40's. I paid $15 for a Graco unit from the 1970's. At one time I had one that held two barrels of grease and had two pumps. It looked like a squatty Wayne 70 gas pump. I paid $15 for it. They all worked. There's not alot that goes wrong with them. As you can see, they don't have alot of value. They're handy to have in the shop if you have room for them.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved