Next Thread
Print Thread
S
strnge Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Gotta get cash together to move in 2 weeks.

School district closed my 6 and 7 year olds school down and the district wants them to go to a school in the Ghetto. FORGET THAT SH*T!

Moving south to the best rated school district in the Bay Area. Gonna cost an arm and a leg, but you gotta do what you gotta do for your kids future right.

Here they are:

Credit card Porcelain sign: 400225163460

Permalife Battery Flange: 400225184313

Phillips 66 Tire Rack: 400225185400

Bars Leaks Quart Glass Bottle Full: 400225165668

STP Oil Treatment Can: 400225166626

1968 Champion Spark Plug Fasten Your Seat Belts Sign: 400225511398

Atlas Wipers THermometer: 400225514332

Goodyear Tire Rack: 400225507783

1967 Pennzoil Curb Sign: 400225509634

Not quite Gas stuff, but....Original 1957 Chevy Steering Wheel: 400225519708

I will be listing other things as well.
Thanks for looking everyone.

Last edited by strnge; Mon Jun 27 2011 08:57 PM.

Mike
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
You would probably get better prices if you listed them in the collectables category under advertising. Having them listed in truck parts and accessories will not get them good visibility to the right people...just my 2 cents.

Colin Latreille
Always looking for Quality Canadian Oil & Gas & Ford Signs
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: strnge

School district closed my 6 and 7 year olds school down and the district wants them to go to a school in the Ghetto. FORGET THAT SH*T!

...from Wikipedia:

"A ghetto is a section of a city occupied by a group who live there especially because of social, economic, or legal pressure. The term ghetto was originally used in Venice to describe the area where Jews were compelled to live. A ghetto is now described as an overcrowded urban area often associated with a specific ethnic or racial population."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghetto

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
I noticed that too.

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
What about a private school?

S
strnge Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S

Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
Originally Posted By: strnge

...from Wikipedia:

"A ghetto is a section of a city occupied by a group who live there especially because of social, economic, or legal pressure. The term ghetto was originally used in Venice to describe the area where Jews were compelled to live. A ghetto is now described as an overcrowded urban area often associated with a specific ethnic or racial population."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghetto

The schools are really close here, since we are in overcrowded urban area. Upper class, middle class, and lower class people are literally divided by a single street. There are pockets of class levels within the other class levels. You can be in the ULTRA rich neighborhoods and inside that in a 2 block radius, you have the ghetto. Each class usually wont even cross that street in to the other class levels area. It is amazing. I grew up in the East Coast and we had nothing like this.

Originally Posted By: Bud Miley
What about a private school?

Way too expensive in northern California. It is over $15,000 a year. You gotta have some serious dough. I am just a regular guy with a regular job. I will however take my retirement and move back east so my money will go further. The cost of living is really high here in California.

A typical 3 bedroom house has 1 bathroom, a single car garage, 1,400 square feet on a zero lot line property costs about $630,000. Don't forget the mortgage companies want you to put down 20%. Anyone got $126,000 in the bank to put as a down payment on a house, which will take 30 years to pay off at $3,000 a month.

Last edited by strnge; Tue Jun 28 2011 08:06 AM.

Mike
S
strnge Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: 1970mach
You would probably get better prices if you listed them in the collectables category under advertising. Having them listed in truck parts and accessories will not get them good visibility to the right people...just my 2 cents.

Opps used my car parts listing template instead of my gas one. Anyone know the category number for:

Collectibles > Advertising > Gas & Oil > Merchandise & Memorabilia > Signs

I tried using Auctiva to find the number, but their site is down for upgrades.

Mike
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
You cannot move them there now unless you end the auctions and start them over. You have them on Ebay Motors ....treated as a seperate site by Ebay.....and you cannot switch from one site to the other.

Jim

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
When you start a new listing, it will read " category" click on "change category". When the next page comes up, click on "browse Category". Just highlight one section at a time. NO NEED to try to find category numbers.

S
strnge Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Thanks guys. I got it. Learned lesson.

Mike

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved