Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26275 Tue Jan 09 2001 01:03 AM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I just got a Springfield Visable pump, does anyone have any info or pictures on this pump? It has square skins large at bottom an tappering up it has the gallon markers etched in the glass an it has no bars around the out side of the cyl. to hold the top on it's top is held threw the center.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#26276 Tue Jan 09 2001 09:21 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Jarvis, The Springfield Visible Pump Co. was incorporated June 23rd, 1923. The small company was set up in a loose leaf tobacco warehouse where less then 20 pumps were produced. The company only lasted for maybe a couple of years, when some patent on the visible pumps caused them to cease production. I have a complete pump in excellent condition, as it was restored probably 15 or more years ago. It is odd that it lacks cylinder rods. Mine also does not have any trace of electrical lighting. An old copy of a company letterhead I have shows what I think are two external light bulbs hanging beneath the cap. When I re-restore this pump, I will get a better idea of the lighting setup. Mine also has the rotary style pump instead of the forward/backward pumping action. You are very lucky to have come across this rare pump. I will attempt to post a pic here, but if it doesn't work, maybe Jim will post it for me. If you need any more info, just let me know. Gary

------------------

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved