Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
We are trying to restore this pump to original (its been painted over numerous time... it was even a pump for the post office for a while) When we took off the spears and sight glass we saw the top had been green and the face white so we were planning on going with that paint scheme, then we pulled off the bennett label and found red with a white stripe. Did Cities Service have tri colored pumps? Any info or pictures would be GREATLY appreciated. One of the sight glasses had the red logo on it and the other broken sight glass had a kelly green logo so i guess its possible. Does anyone know anywhere we could get a replacement Citie Service glass?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Cities Service used a green and white design for regular grade (Milemaster), red and white for premium (Super 5D), and yellow and white for their super premium (100+) with changes in the color arrangement about 1960. Send me your email address and I can send you a photo, but I can't seem to be able to upload photos to oldgas.

Wayne Henderson
Petroleum Collectibles Monthly
pcmpublishing@triad.rr.com

Wayne Henderson
Petroleum Collectibles Monthly
Kernersville, NC
Online Cool
Check this topic for pics of the green/white regular pumps.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=223741

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
C
OP Offline
C
Thank you both so much for the great information i really appreciate it - we want to do it up right, and now we are a step closer. Wayne i will send you my email address right now.

Thanks again!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved