Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
Wes, That's a great question... That Conoco pump was a somewhat local craigslist score. The guy I bought it from knew absolutly nothing about it. He had inherited it from a deceased friend. It has an older but well done restoration on it. The top is cracked in a few places. It has metal/aluminum rails where the doors close that are pretty bent up. The Marine Gas was defenitly hand painted OVER what look to be (the original?) Marine Gas words. I can see the old words there faded. I bought it a month ago and wanted to post pics to ask if Conoco even had a Marine Gas pump but havent had a chance yet. Should there be a marking on that top or what other ways can I tell if its original...other than it's not in perfect shape..lol

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Eric,

I couldn't tell whether those letters were painted on or actually punched with a plastic lens behind them like the other Wayne/M&S 80 script top pumps. If they're painted, I would say they are not factory original. The original painting could have, of course, been done back in the 50s, so it could be "original" even if not a production piece. Is the top plastic? Conoco did put out some pump tops for Wayne/M&S 80s and 90s that were red or green plastic that lit up. I'm assuming that's what this is, and someone has painted lettering on it. Neat looking top.

Some actual script tops (metal top with punched letters and plastic lens) were Conoco Ethyl, Conoco N-tane, Conoco Demand, Sunoco Dynafuel, Mobilgas, and Mobilgas Special.

Wes

E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
Wes this is indeed not a punched out lettred top. I hve seen a w Sunoco's and Mobils of those. Ths is a solid plastic top h is green in color. When the bulb up top is lit it does light up the entire top. I would love it if someone could post a picture of what this Conoco 80 would have looked like back in the day with this style top

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
A
A
Advertise in 1929 for oil Mobiloil - GARGOYLE
Mobiloil-Vacuum Oil Company Bucharest, Romania
In 1929, the American company producing Mobiloil oil, produced in Romania too.
" The maximum speed touched until now by motorcycle -- 216,9 km/h was done by Ernest Henne on B.M.W using Mobiloil "
http://www.pro-bike.ro/forums/topic/7876...20/page__st__80

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
The base is a nice find. I saw 3 at Brimfield each were $100-$150-Which I thought was a fair price.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved