#267410 Wed Aug 10 2011 12:02 PM
P
prowl1 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Hi All,
Recent my dad and I brought home a Fry 117 from a farm auction. It was missing the electrical conduit, globe holder, gallon markers, & serving valve & lever. The pump is in overall good condition, skins are straight not rotted out, all the inspection doors are there and it has a good glass cylinder with a Fry logo on it. Once we got it home, we removed the cylinder and put it in a place so it would not get broke.
My question is,
How and where are the gallon markers suppose to be mounted. The 117's I've seen all have the markers attached to the cylinder rods on the outside of the cylinder. Our pump has 3 nuts on the lower cylinder casting which would be on the inside or the cylinder, seen in the pic below. These nuts look like they would accept square rods which the markers would be attached to. I don't see anything that the square rods would attach to up above though. No flanges on the upper cylinder ring like on our Fry 87 tall ten, nothing on the dome either. Any ideas? Photos would be appreciated

Thanks,
Ryan

Last edited by prowl1; Wed Aug 10 2011 12:05 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
That is interesting. It has been my experience that the indicators went on the retaining rods outside the pump. If the indicators went inside, how would you line them up without the access window under the top cover as with other visibles? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have had several frys and they all has markers on the rods outside.

Kris Strong
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yours had 3 of them inside cyl. w/ a small tab to top of cyl., but most I have had/seen were outside on rods.

P
prowl1 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Any suggestions how to mount the gallon markers on top? should there be tabs on the upper clinder ring, a plate that sits on top of the upper cylinder ring, or some sort of tab or flange coming off the dome? The original rings that came off the glass cylinder don't have any tabs sticking out.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
On the Mae West the top ring on glass was NOT sealed to Bonnet [which seems strange to me, but over flow pipe would take care of over filling], so any type of stabilizing tab would work. Invert something like this U__

IF you had the original cylinder that came from factory on that pump the flat tabs might have been seated between the glass & top ring. Check both ends for broken off tabs.

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Fri Aug 12 2011 07:26 PM. Reason: add a 2nd thought

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved