Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270866 Mon Aug 29 2011 04:16 PM
OP Offline
Trying to figure out which route I want to go on restoring my G&B 176. I would like to stay as period correct as I can with this pump.What gas companys (globes and signs) were around at the time these pumps were produced and in use? Is there a list somewhere that I havent found? I have a older Vic's 66 catalog and there are alot too choose from! And I wouldnt think all of these were around in the 20's.

I have a Mobilgas globe that I purchased off Ebay a few weeks ago that I thought was a repo but acording to a later email from the seller its a NOS original! Would this be correct for this era? It is a 13.5" but with my pump having a 7" mount should it be a 15" globe?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
55gasser #270868 Mon Aug 29 2011 04:30 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Most, but not all 7" holders were for Standard Oil. You can add an adapter in the ring to accept any 6" globe base.
IF you don't know a machinist, use a slice off of a 6" Metal/PVC pipe [might be a little thin, but will work]. OR replace the globe holder w/ a 6" holder.

Almost any company you choose will be correct. Some Visible pumps were still being made into late 40's for use on farms.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved