Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think the shirt and the pants are stolen, they don't fit.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Plus he's got that lucky #13 on his shirt too! shocked

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Has he attempted any further thievery since you started posting images in the paper?

Having watched the videos you can see the guy is an unskilled thief. That means he is taking advantage of what is easy to steal with little effort. You can use this to your advantage if he is still stopping by to take stuff.

Note that he is using your own lights at night to help him out. Many people think having security lights is a deterant when in fact in situations like yours they are only advantageous to the thief. Unless you have close neighbors up at 3:30am no one really is going to care except a law officer interested enough to stop and investigate. A better method is no motion activated lights, but rather night sensitive cameras and quality silent alarm systems setup by professionals.

These days you can have an alarm that dials your own cell or home phone to notify you of issues. Then you pop on the computer, check the live camera feed and see if it's one of mother natures creatures or your creep thief.

Now back to catching this guy. Setup a bait item or two that seem easy to steal, but which are setup to signal a silent alarm. Buy some cheap repro coke signs, they work well as bait. A simple DIP switch alarm could be set to be triggered when an item is removed. But make it a little difficult for the item to be taken, something that will require some time for him to deal with, giving you time to call the police.

Though self-action might feel justified, since you aren't being physically threatened you are walking a thin line between legal and illegal counteraction. So better to call whomever has jurisdiction for your road section, city/county/state.

Anyway... I hope the guy is caught. He's not a hardworking individual. I would say he looks like he could be a musician or work in a bar setting, and that would be one reason he hits you so early in the morning, he might be just getting off work!

Set a tra

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
I am curious if you ever got any closer to catching this creep? Did he ever come back? I'm sure I'm not the only one that keeps checking this thread....

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Get a couple of angry pit bulls and fence in the front so he cannot get in.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
anything new to report?

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved