Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#27536 - Thu Jan 25 2001 01:43 PM Gulf Oil and Atlantic City Swap Meet
chevyguydan Offline

Loc: Hampton, VA USA
I have the Gas pump book, but it doesn't give the paint # for Gulf blue. just the orange, and I'm not so sure that it is correct. Anyone have paint numbers that they know will match/cross? Also are any vendors going to be at the Atlantic City Auto Show and Swap Meet on Feb 10th? I need a few more parts and can pick them up there if available. Thanks,
Chevyguydan.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#27537 - Fri Jan 26 2001 11:01 PM Re: Gulf Oil and Atlantic City Swap Meet
Rust Collector Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: San Diego, CA USA
Chevyguydan,
The first place I would try is a GOOD auto paint supply house. Most of the paint books have a section in the back that list fleet colors. The one piece of advice I would give you is, Keep Trying. The old paint code books are like gold, and in most cases locked in some back room. I went looking last week and it took some talking before one of the old timers brought out the old books. The young kids didn't even know they had them in the back. Try several stores and try again.
Good luck,
Ed

#27538 - Sat Jan 27 2001 07:39 AM Re: Gulf Oil and Atlantic City Swap Meet
gasguy Offline

Loc: Clear Lake Iowa.
If you have a color that you are trying to match, and have a sample of that color, you can have your local automotive paint dealer or autobody shop use a computer to take a sample analysis. PPG calls theirs a "Profit" and it is just a hand held analyser that will give you a color match (it doesn't work to read globe lenses or vinyl decals very well).
Good luck!

#27539 - Sat Jan 27 2001 05:44 PM Re: Gulf Oil and Atlantic City Swap Meet
Gary Drye Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Clarksville, Tn. USA
Get your paint shop to mix up PPG paint shop to mix up this for you and see if you are satisfied. It is a clearcoat/basecoat paint. DBC 191319****H. Good luck.

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved