Next Thread
Print Thread
V
vmc44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
V
Puritan, White Eagle, Cites Service and Beaver Oil cans bid on old gas hit item 160654626953 and see other auctions!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Are cans still available? I decide the other night to bid through Old Gas on the Puritan can and place my E-snipe bid for last seconds of auction.Check my email tonight and see all bids cancelled. Guess it's another case of use Ebay to advertise and once you get a good offer,end the auction,save yourself the fees. So much for helping Old Gas,huh Dan? Okay,so someone contacts you through Old Gas and says"I'd like to buy your cans you said you have on Ebay".Thanks for the offer,but since I have them listed on Ebay and have received bids, it would only be right for you to bid through Ebay. Tell me it ain't so Dan,please! I haven't sold on Ebay in three or four years because I just don't have time. When I did though,I never did nor would I ever end an auction early. Many times I received offers to end auctions early that were higher than the final bids.At least I went to bed at night knowing that I paid Ebay 100% of what was due them. As a business owner Dan,maybe you've never had anyone short change you on a fee for a service that was due you. It happens in the automotive paint business(my business),more often than I like to talk about. With Ebay bidders,you never know how ridiculous someone is willing to bid at end of auction!Pat.

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...a good friend of mine was planning on bidding on the Puritan can as well, and was VERY disappointed by the actions of the seller, to put it in 'family-friendly' terms...

...putting aside the issue of eBay not getting their fees: it's one thing to prematurely end an auction that has no bids...and another to end one early that has bids, but hasn't met reserve...but prematurely ending a no-reserve auction and canceling legitimate bids is...well, there's just no good way to put it...it just stinks...the seller has an obligation to let such an auction run it's course, in fairness to those bidders...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
V
vmc44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
V
Oil cans will be relisted tonight I had to end the listing's due to the fact I had the wrong shipping fees "they where listed at $180" and because I had bids I could not revise them! thanks Dan

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...glad you are relisting it, and with eBay taking a percentage for shipping, it makes sense...but what I can't figure out is, did it change after you ended the auction? 'cos this is what showed up when I pulled up the auction a minute ago:

puritan.jpg
Last edited by gulfiend!; Thu Sep 22 2011 06:59 AM. Reason: misspellings

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
V
vmc44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
V
It was the shipping for Canada that was the problem, thanks Dan

V
vmc44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
V
Puritan one gallon oil can

Item condition: --

Ended: Sep 21, 201114:12:45 PDT

Bid history: 0 bids

Starting bid: US $25.00

Add to listStart of panelAdd to Watch list
Add to Wish List
Add to a new listEnd of panelAdd to a new list
Please enter a valid name

(Separate multiple list names with a comma.)
Cancel
Start of LayerEnd of Layer

Shipping: $186.30 UPS Worldwide SaverSee more services See shipping discounts
Start of LayerEnd of Layer | See all shipping details

Delivery: Estimated delivery time varies for items shipped from an international location.

Returns: 3 days money back, buyer pays return shipping | Read return policy details

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved