Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27571 Thu May 19 2005 11:39 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool to go to a gas station where I could get gas (either self or full serve) from an old visible pump? I wonder if there are any stations that use visible pumps?

If anyone knows of one, in the midwest preferably, or knows of a list of such stations that already exists, please let me know...

Thanks,
Wes

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Mac Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Wes,

I did a search on past discussions and there is, at least as of last year, an old station still pumping gas with visibles.

Here is the link. Others may know of more, but thought I'd contribute what I can as you wait for the experts to jump in with answers.
http://www.cruisin66.com/road/shoup-idaho.html

Mac

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
You had better REALLY want to do this to drive to Shoup! I only live about75 miles from there and it is too far for me to go just for the experience, although if you are there and need fuel its worth the extra 50 cents a gallon to get is as they are the only game in the one house town. I have gotten fuel from them but 10 gallons is enough!! Les

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for the link - that station looks really cool. Unfortunately, that is REALLY far I do really want to do this, but not that badly. Of course, the next time I go on a vacation out west (montana etc) I'll definitely try to route it through there.

Are they pretty much the only game in the country, much less the little town?

Wes

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Posting for Al "Ranchpump" Barrows.

Back in the late 1960's, when I joined the Early Ford V-8 Club of America, you could fill up at the oldest Shell station in California in Lockeford (about 7 miles east of Lodi). Here's the cover of an old EFV8CA publication. Unfortunately, this station is probably long gone. This is Dwaine "Help the Hobby" Buck country. He may know what became of the goodies sitting on that curb. Even if it were still open it wouldn't help thermactor but it sure would be fun for the locals.

C Cragg

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved