Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ok guys, here's a sign that I've been working on getting for a couple of years now. I happened to drive by it yesterday, and it's still there, so I'm grabbing my cash, and heading back tomorrow. But......has anyone ever seen this particular sign? Why the Indian head on Signal? Someone knows, share with us! Could it be painted over the porcelain? From the bottom of the pole, it sure looks like part of the sign. HELP.....I.....GOT....CASH!

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Doc, I haven't got a clue, But its one AWSOME sign!!!!

Chris Holt
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don, looks like an overpaint done to Mohawk at one time, and maybe something else at another time. As long as they didn't sand blast it to get the paint to stick, I think you found yourself a diamond in the rough. If they want too much for it, I'll buy that thing with the thing, you know what I mean

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DON, WHERE IS THAT AT??I'LL BEAT YA THERE!! HA,, HA!! YES, IT LOOKS PAINTED OVER.. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE THE MANAGER OF MCDONALDS TO FIGURE THAT OUT.. YOU DON'T SEE VERY MANY SIGNS OR PUMPS FOR THAT MATTER STILL OUT IN THE OPEN. THE ONES THAT ARE STILL WILD[ MEANING NOT SET OUT FOR DISPLAY,RATHER ORIGINALLY THERE FROM THE BEGINNING] ARE MOSTLY NOT FOR SALE.. I AM GOING TO START TAKING MY DIGITAL CAMERA WITH ME AND TAKE PICTURES OF ALL THE COOL STUFF I SEE THAT ISN'T FOR SALE . THEN I AM GOING TO POST IT IN SHOWCASE TO GIVE BOB A HEADACHE SO HE CAN MONITER IT CAUSE HE HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO.. HA!! FRANK..

K
Koz Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Don,
This is identical to the one my friend has in Klamath Falls. Six feet in diameter and all. I hope you get it for the price he did (nothing) and not the $3500-$4000 price of one like it in Reno.

Koz

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hope that whoever owns it doesn't read all this before Doc gets there!!!!!...FM

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Don , thats an original Signal 48" sign , at the last bash turlock Bob , now known as mobo
sold one for 3,800 its double sided , I found one around here that had a chicken ranch painted over it , you better git that sign it sure would look good in Oregon, no rust,ha .

K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
i gotta start huntin' in your guys back yard... the east is dryin' up !!!!

Looks like a Mohawk painted over Signal to me. Is it a double sided Signal? I've seen those 48 inches in both single and double. If its too big for Oregon let me know I'll take it. Ha Ha. Ted

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well some of you were right, it is a painted over porcelain sign. It was apparently re-branded Mohawk and the sign was painted. It doesn't appear that the porcelain was damaged when they painted over it. It is larger than 48", I'd guess it's a 6' sign. The buyer seems to think it's worth $10k..Must be one of those guys that has visions of grandeur? I made him a "reasonable" offer and he said he'd think about it. Seems that's what he told me two years ago? Well, I haven't forgotten it, and I'm not done with him. Here's a photo of what it looks like today. Thank heaven's for the plants growing over it!

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Hmmm, "DRINK NUDE"? I dont recall seeing that brand of petrol before... at least not here in the Midwest.

Brian

K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
hey doc.... let me know what he wants for the drink nude sign...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'M SITTING HERE NAKED HAVING A BEER CAUSE THE SIGN SAID I SHOULD. WELL DON'T GIVE UP, THIS GUY WILL NEED MONEY OR CHANGE HIS MIND SOMEDAY.. TRADE HIM A STUFFED SPOTTED OWL OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT?? FRANK..

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Doc , that looks an awful lot like the power line on the south edge of HB, it really looks like it. and oh i think that town is just north of ++++a++e. Let me know if i am right.. dont think theres too many Canadians would guess where it is, Frank...dodogas@telus.net

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I took the Signal , got a Mohawk and now I am drinking Nude. What a fun club - whoo hoo

Hubba

------------------
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hubbasgasandoilpitstop/

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved