Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hey Guys & Gals,

It's time to share the petro relics that we've stumbled across in our recent travels, and check out what other people have found as well.

If you would like to contribute to this feature, simply post the pictures here or email them directly to me and I will post them for you. Be sure to include a story or description with your submissions.

If it's too close to the next installment, please note that I may hold your contribution for posting when the new FATW comes up.
Send 'em in!!

Happy Trails!

Wes

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
These two old gas stations are across from each other on Hwy 198 Southwest of Sequoia National Park in Lemon Cove, California. I slammed on the brakes when I saw that Richfield! I believe the station across the road had the faded and chipped lettering for Standard and Atlas.

richfield-lemoncoveca.jpg
Richfield

standard-lemoncoveca.jpg
Standard

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
JIM , YOU ARE A LITTLE MORE MILD THAN I AM, I WOULD HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE WINDSHIELD!!! LOL!

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The one across the street had a Texaco pole sign there on the corner for years, Jim did you come through here? The Richfield station was for sale awhile back I called on it and asking 110.000 for it

I collect anything Hyvis oils
I was though there in August on the way from my sister's to Sequoia. The station had a "For Rent" sign on it. If I lived anywhere around there, I'd be thinking about that for 110,000.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
You went right by my place in Visalia,My shop is about two blocks off the hiway, It would have been nice to meet you, Anybody coming through this area has an open invitation just let me know your coming...Frank

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
You went right by my place in Visalia,My shop is about two blocks off the hiway, It would have been nice to meet you, Anybody coming through this area has an open invitation just let me know your coming, there is another real cool old station just after you pass these two on the curve...Frank

Last edited by frankpl; Sat Oct 01 2011 06:03 PM.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I just got back from the south of France last evening. One day my wife wanted to go into an old
building that was selling ceramics. It was called "Gasoline". This is what I found inside:

Turns out the place was an old fueling station with a very large door, so this Satan pump could stay inside.

A couple days later I was wandering through an old hill town, and I saw this in the window:

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved