Next Thread
Print Thread
#277287 Sun Oct 02 2011 10:20 AM
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
I am looking at buying a 51 ford that has a standard gas two compartment gas or oil tank on the back of it. Well it is not on it at the moment but it is there with it i will get some pics shortley. My problem is he has no title for it . Do any of you guys know how to get one or do you have one or just let him take it to the scrap yard?? I would like to fix it up but if i cant get a title then whats the point !!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Check with your state dept. of motor vehicles. In North Dakota, if the vehicle has not been liscensed for a period of years and you have a bill of sale, you can get it registered after an inspection for road worthiness by the local Hwy patrol. I'm certain there are also ways to do it in your state!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
i am shure you can get it rgiesterd there are people that sell regs also check with you dmv should not be a problem

Every state is different. Here in New jersey they have made it almost impossiable. Brodway title is a good source and runs like 300 to 400$ they just register it in a no title state, i.e.nevada or alabama, and send you a notarized bill of sale and a registration. used to work here but NJ got a little strict on it. Another option, Buy an old title, not the righ way, But it will get you on the road.... Good luck

PAY IT FORWARD......
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Thanks for the info i was leaning towards the so called wrong way !!

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Tennessee easiest way is to get bill of sell,have the vin # checked by your friendly police officer. Build your truck keeping all reciepts and apply for builders title. State trooper has person come out inspect and you get a title.
To apply for a lost title here it must be in your name.
If seller had reg. the truck he can apply for lost title.
Here a auto shop can request title for vec. that has bill with no pay.
Trading vin # and titles from one to next is frowned upon,and against the law here. They find one they take it,and start tracing it back because it is usally stolen.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I've done it here in Colorado, had to have vin# verified, bill of sale,a written appraisal from a lic auto dealer, a bond for twice the value, and proof of title searches(that turned up no previous owner). A friend wrote the value at $700, got a bond for $1400, did some research, had vin verified by highway patrol, submitted paperwork and got a title. Not too bad and the cost was around $150. I think as long as your not trying to title a 2010 Vette they will go pretty easy on you. Check your state's website or stop by local DMV, ours had a form that layed it all out, step by step.

Stevo #277341 Sun Oct 02 2011 03:47 PM
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Right on guys thanks . I just got a bonded title for a 85 shevy blazer that a guy was going to crush. paint and body were great no rust and put a batt. in it and still driving it . I just traded him a few junkers i had lying around. Thanks for the info

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved