Print Thread
#27846 Sun Nov 18 2007 01:30 PM
H
hotcidr Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
Having read some discouraging remarks about Scott and his business lately I wanted to point out a few things. I'm sitting here on a foggy Sunday and picked up a book that all of you should have...Check the Oil. It shows us Scott at his best when in 1986 he put this together at the "advent" of our hobby. I quote from the rear cover "The pace is mirrored in the prices Petromobilia is selling for today (19860. With the market as volatilel as gasoline itself, good examples are becoming increasingly hard to find and prices are exploding".Was he ever right. Get this book and look at the average price was then and what it has become, at least 10% to 100% higher. Enjoy and thank Scott when you see him.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#27847 Sun Nov 18 2007 03:11 PM
V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Im fairly new here, about a year. I dont know what Scott Anderson's business is (I hope I havent committed some sin), or what is going on with his business, so maybe you can explain to us newer guys so we can help if we can. I dont see any links here to his business, unless I missed it. Naturally, I know his book Check The Oil, but thats about it.
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
#27848 Sun Nov 18 2007 03:46 PM
Online Cool
Scott Anderson runs Time Passages, a complete vendor of gas pump parts and petroliana. He was around working in the hobby when many who are here now were not yet involved. Time Passages has been an advertiser on Shop Talk for nine years. It has been our advertisers who have helped pay the bills to keep this site a free service for its users.

Time Passages is available online at:
http://www.time-pass.com/

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#27849 Sun Nov 18 2007 05:53 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Scott took the time to tell me a few things about a couple of the first pumps I bought to restore for others. He didn't have to do that, but he did and I will always remember that. I've tried to keep that thought in mind when dealing with others in the hobby. Dave Folck

#27850 Mon Nov 19 2007 02:22 PM
V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Thanks for the info, Ill check it out

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved