Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#278878 Tue Oct 11 2011 12:16 PM
M
mjw Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I want to take a minute to say Thank You to all of the great members who have taken the time to help me out with my questions. I have learned a lot. My dad was the collector. He loved all stuff having to do with classic cars, gas stations, etc..When he passed away in June, I was clueless on a lot of his things. I didn't even know the proper name for a lubester (I was calling it an oil pump crazy). Anyway, you guys (and gals) have been very helpful to me and I just want to tell you I appreciate it. I don't post often, but I lurk a lot and I will continue to. I love learning about this stuff. Have a great day!

Michelle

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
mjw #278882 Tue Oct 11 2011 12:51 PM
Thank you Michelle for the kind words. Glad our members could be of help to you. Our best you you and the rest of the family.

A lubester is actually an oil pump mounted on a small tank. Not everyone agrees to call them lubesters. "Bulk oil dispenser" would probably be more accurate, but "lubester" kind of stuck as the term many collectors use.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved