Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hey Guys & Gals,

It's time to share the petro relics that we've stumbled across in our recent travels, and check out what other people have found as well.

If you would like to contribute to this feature, simply post the pictures here or email them directly to me and I will post them for you. Be sure to include a story or description with your submissions.

If it's too close to the next installment, please note that I may hold your contribution for posting when the new FATW comes up.
Send 'em in!!

Happy Trails!

Wes

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I thought it would be a good time to show progress on Bruce's restoration of his Texaco station here in town. It's coming along very nicely! Since the last time I posted pictures, Bruce has poured a nice new driveway and gas island, and put up light poles. Even since I took these pictures, there is now a very nice Texaco sign (period correct) on a pole where the orange cone is in the pictures. Way to go, Bruce - it looks fantastic!

Very nice, historic buildings sit on both sides of the station. An old store to the right, and a very stately home to the left:

Here's a close-up of the nice lamp post globes:

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Let's see what all of you have run across lately! Is someone restoring a station in your area? Is there one that might not be there for too much longer? Preserve history by taking pictures - and sharing them here!

Wes

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I WAS HOPING THIS NEW FATW THREAD WOULD START SOON LOL!

Poughkeepsie, NY

Tupper Lake, NY

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
M
Mac Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Here is an old Texaco station in Milan, IL off of US-67. The owner told me that one of the prior owners had painted over all of the porcelain panels. He spent hours and hours stripping off the old paint to bring it back to original. The pump islands are still there and he wanted to put some restored non-working pumps out front, but the Village of Milan wouldn't allow it.

Mac

IMAGE_049.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would put the pumps out there and tell the town to bite me. Tell them he is expressing his feelings and that his speech is protected by the first amendment. LOL. Okay, I am feeling feisty.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Small town in Oklahoma.Was it Phillips 66? Notice the old neon transformer still on the cool pole!

DSC00761.JPG DSC00762.JPG DSC00763.JPG
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
A gas station down the road from where i live. its now a window repair service, but the guys collection is amazing. this is just a piece of the pie. ill get some better pics up. he may even post on here?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Former Hi-Speed in Fostoria, Ohio without the tower!! It was removed when Jack bought the building.

Randy

Always looking for Hy-Flash Gas/Miller Oil, Hi-Speed Gas/ Hickok Oil and Paragon Refining items from Toledo,Ohio.
Online Cool
This is in downtown Davenport, Iowa. Looks like it may have been a new car dealership originally.

Taken and posted from my Android phone.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved