Print Thread
#279586 Sat Oct 15 2011 07:24 AM
D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
Hello All,
I had posted a couple months ago in BOTW a pair of Mobil cowboy chaps from the 1940's-50's and explained that I have a western/cowboy collection as one of my many collecting areas other than old gas/oil items. I had a nice exchange with a fellow Old Gasser about the possiblility that the chaps may have been used with the Pegasus kiddie ride that was used for promotions across the US. The other possibility is they were used by a rodeo rider sponsored by the company.
I also have another pair of chaps from a rider sposored by Shell Oil Company. This I know for sure as these ones I had more history on. While not as old, dating from the 1980's, they are still a flashy pair. I keep my eyes peeled for any other oil company chaps as I figured since I have more than one pair, I now have a collection. smile Funny how this happens..... Just thought I'd share both of them with the membership. Also shown is a signed pic of Roy Rogers I got from him in 1992, one of my favorite autographs.
Take care all,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Pretty neat Darin,ever seen bread company sign with Long Ranger on his horse. Hanging in crackerbarrel here.
Plan on trying to get pic of it next time I'm there. Not to steal your post but when I seen your stuff,I thought again of this sign. Words can not describe how super this sign looks.
Thanks for sharing your pics.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Darin those are cool thanks for sharing smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Darin, nice stuff! I used to have a couple of sweaters with Roy Rogers and his horse (whats the horses name, again?) when I was a kid. They were sent to me in Sweden by relatives in Long Island... I think I have to look for them - may still be around somewhere in our summer house...
//Claes

fast66 #280098 Tue Oct 18 2011 05:30 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Trigger... smile

Didn't every kid, even in the 60's, want to be a cowboy or an indian? Must be the fringe...

Nicole #280103 Tue Oct 18 2011 05:52 AM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Very cool and it was great to see you in Peotone Darin!

D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
Thanks for the comments everyone. Loyd, I have seen the signs you're talking about, and the graphics are neat. Hoppy had bread signs too!
It's sad that kids don't have role models like these men and women anymore. It still suprises me how many young'ins want to be cowboys for Halloween, even though the cowboy genre is not near as big as it was from the 30's thru the mid 60's. I know the "Toy Story" movies helped bring cowboys back to the kids, although not the real life kind a few years back.
Nice to see both Tom and Brad in Peotone. Hope you guys had a good show,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved