Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I'm curious about something...

While driving in either downtown Dallas or Fort Worth (I think Dallas, not sure) in 1998, I remember seeing a truly incredible old Firestone service center. All I remember is that it was just south of a very main east/west street, and it was facing west. It had big firestone letters across the roof, and the building was almost gothic in appearance. It had to be from the 20s to early 30s.

I want to know what became of it, if anything, and would like to see pics (for FATW?). I did a web search, and found a restored Firestone in downtown Ft. Worth, but it really does not look like the same one.

If anyone has any input or info, please let me know.

Thanks,
Wes

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Quite some time ago, there was a similar building in Southern California, just off the freeway, Interstate 5 in Santa Fe Springs if I remember correctly. Its no longer there, but maybe somebody else can shed some light on this. Poorman, are you out there?

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Wes,
I believe what you saw was the old Firestone off of 7th steet and Henderson near downtown Ft. Worth. The lousy development people turned it into this:
FIRESTONE UPPER WEST SIDE
APARTMENTS
1001 W 7th Street
Fort Worth TX 76102
817 - 654 - 2888

When it was still intact, I do remember being fascinated by the roofline as it had some really cool carvings?/dimensions to it.

The "apt complex" retaines very little of that shape. You can only get a rough idea what it used to look like.
Pretty sad. It would have a lot cooler gas/oil store!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved