Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
It's a free web site and I shouldn't complain, however I have had three different members on Oldgas back out on items that the said they wanted in the last 30 days. Is there anything that can be done? Can we compile a list without defamation of someone? It is after all something that they DID do. I really have never had this problem, on here ecspecailly until the past year. I am really tired of holding things just to find out they have changed thier mind, or setting up free delivery on a 1500 mile trip just to not have phone calls or emails returned. I can not remenber a time I have ever backed out of a deal, unless the status/price had changed.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I can relate to your frustration,I've had the same thing happen to me. Both times it was from members who had only been registered here a very short time.I don't know about going public with their names, but you definitely want to make a personal note to yourself of who they are so it doesn't happen again.

Member #163
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The couple other sites I belong to have the same problems, What most including me do now is, if you want it now, pay me now.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yep few times lately and sick of the dead beats on here I do keep a list and will not respond to them anymore with answers they have or even if they say they will take it it's just not gonna happen for them just look at my yale tire sign for sale ad

WTB. Arizona quarts,Indian signs/cans, Musgo/Shell/Speedway 79,graphic signs/cans,#616-886-4917...
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Had one buyer tell me he was gonna take a sign then backed out...buyer said he would pay for over a week and stopped communicating. This is a forum not ebay but maybe a sales feedback option would help build trust. Buyers can back out on here because there is no contractual agreement....so the ball is in the buyers court.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Yes, I've had the same problem. You go to the trouble of getting shipping quotes and they won't follow through. I packaged up three globes for one person on here and went to the trouble of getting them to a UPS shipper to get a price quote, said he'd send the money, waited for three to four weeks and finally I cancelled it out. This was a fairly newbie. Of course, I'm sort of a newbie, too compared to some.

Had another to have me hold a flame globe for about two months and he never followed through either. He's no newbie by far.

Had another to want to swap me some items for toy trucks. I agreed to a couple of his items, then he sold one of them out from under me that I really wanted. So I cancelled the other toys on him, tooooooo!!!!

Sorry, but it just ticks me off for all the dis-honesty, too....Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Happens all the time.I keep a no sell, no respond list.

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I've only had one buyer not follow through, but I've had many very pleasant transactions (buying and selling) in my short time here.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Yep, I've had same experience within this last year. I give them a week or more & then contact again. They give an excuse that they still want my item, then don't follow through. What surprises me is that they are regulars on this site. Why can't honest people just say, "Hey I've changed my mind. I'm sorry. Sell it to someone else"?

I've heard this about a few members too.

There is a feature on this forum that has never been used. I thought it could be misused to pick on certain people. Wondering now if it could be a feedback system that could include buyer & seller satisfaction. Some may use it to show how they feel about those who annoy them aside from any buyer/seller experience.

Take this poll and vote whether we might enable the member rating feature. It would involve putting a drop-down menu on each member profile page with choices from one to five stars. Only registered members could vote and only once for each member. The stars would appear by the rated member's name in his posts. Holding your cursor over the star display would show how many votes were cast to get that rating.

This is a non-binding opinion poll.

Member ratings
single choice
I'm 100% for ratings (34%, 31 Votes)
Might be a good thing (19%, 17 Votes)
Don't care (8%, 7 Votes)
Might be a bad thing (26%, 24 Votes)
I'm 100% against ratings (13%, 12 Votes)
Total Votes: 91
Voting on this poll ends: Sun Nov 27 2011 09:00 PM
Last edited by Oldgas; Wed Nov 23 2011 07:07 AM. Reason: Add "non-binding" disclaimer

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I can see the Member Rating being used for OTHER than what it was meant to be used for. WHO will be the Judge/Jury/HangMan/UnderTaker ? Will it be similar to ebay's Feedback?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Ebay's feedback is a joke if you the seller.

Jamie Crosson
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I can see where a rating system could be something good and at the same time something bad depending on it's usage.

As Jim and db have expressed, the opportunity to "get back at someone" would always be on the table.

Thankfully someone not paying for an item/canceling an "order" has happened to me only a couple of times, less than a handful if I remember correctly. Most of them were from established members. At the time I was livid, but time helps cloud the mind, especially the older I get.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
This has been going on for years, nothing new, this is also why I put everything on Ebay.

The easyest way to take care of it is to state, no phone calls, no emails, no PMs, the first USPS money order to arrive gets the item. Then you have to be honest enough to return the others.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well, I thought about this for a while and my thoughts are ---This is not really a site that was intended to provide an avenue for selling items. Its a forum where members can do a large variety of things, including the exchange of knowledge, opinions and preferences! At the same time, theres an area to buy and sell things, to and from people that should be fairly educated about the hobby and possibly provide that small jewel that has been so elusive for you!
I want to express the fact that I believe this forum to be a place to communicate, exchange ideas, and learn more in a short time than would be possible anywhere else! Thats why I'm here and I consider the buying and selling a bonus section!
There have always been problems on both sides between buyers and sellers for ages. These problems and how they are dealt with, can cause some awfully hard feelings, and I think its totally avoidable.
This is not a site where you should be depending on the sale of an item for your income. Its an accessory function that should help out once in a while. There should be no preconcieved notions that your buyer or seller will act appropriately just because they are members of this site! They are humans and many of them have never been taught proper etiquette for buying and selling of petroleum collectibles or for anything for that matter!
A sale on this site should be private between the 2 parties involved and as adults, if someone defaults or squirms out of a sale, it should be filed into your personal problem file where you refer to from time to time and never do business with that person again. Your list can always be shared amongst your closest friends and confidants, and when you see a problem developing for one of those friends, you can always advise him of your experiences in order to provide more information for his own decisions!
A system like that being discussed, is much too prone to deficiencies and can cause severe damage through intentional misuse that cannot be controlled or monitored!
I would hope that the members of this site have enough foresight that they can realize that the needs of this site are promotion and education and surely not misdirected enforcement! I would want this hobby to grow through the avenues of information and commoradarie that foster new and and exciting relationships and provide us with more information than would otherwise be possible!
I hold no grudges against those who may have defaulted on a deal with me, as more times than not, they hopefully learned a valuable lesson from it. I adhere to the old saying: Hurt me once, shame on you----Hurt me twice, shame on me!!

Lets use this site for what I truly believe it was originally intended!
Thanks for reading this--JM2C

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
I don't sell anything so I wouldn't know. But I have had lots of people sell to someone else when check was in the mail or I was on the road to pick it up. And even a couple of very demanding sellers that arent in the real world and understand that a check could take a day or two longer to get there than they wanted it. Some people have no life and do nothing but surf and sleep but others do have two jobs and a family and priorities other than a sign or a part. As long as conversations are kept I'm always good. I have paid paypal for many items and waited over a month to receive them without an issue. You have to remember... Things happen. And these are just things. If someone doesn't pay when they say then sell it elsewhere if you choose. His hobby is for fun in my opinion. Not to profit or live off of. Wouldn't it be nice to all get along and help one another? One day everyone is gonna die and the stuff could get trashed. Who would know and who would care without friends?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very well said KW.
You can either complain about a sore leg or do as KW does & accept it for what it is [like my wrist, complain or go out & use it the best I can].

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Well said KW.

Last edited by Jamie Crosson; Tue Nov 22 2011 08:32 PM.

Jamie Crosson
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I hope the bone head that bought a sign & post from me then backed out is reading this topic. He didnt quite understand that ebay was billing me for the sale and he hadnt paid yet. Of course I am going to file a claim so I didnt have to pay the fees.

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Bravo K. W.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well said Kevin!I like the way you think!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ditto!

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Jim,
Does this software have the "Thank You" feature? If so it might be a semi-good way to show in a positive way the help some members are on so many posts. I also like the razz(berry) icon for those times it is needed.... tt

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
I've been on old gas a long time and have bought and sold many items with NO problems ever. I'm against a rating system

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Never had a problem selling but had to get Jim involved to get my money back from a frequent poster on here who out and out lied about sending my stuff that was paid for. 3 times I was told it shipped, never shipped anything. Thanks Jim for helping out.

No "thank you" or "razz(berry)" feature available with this software.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Well said Kevin.

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kevin, you are a wise man!

I am 100 % against a feedback system.

br
Claes

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well said KW ! I have always found well needed parts and advice through this forum as well as the classified ads in "Check the Oil" magazine long before the internet.It has been an invaluable aid to restoring projects and not destroying them through lack of knowledge and experience.When you use a "tool"(this site) for something other that for which it was intended ...you may be disappointed or get into trouble. How many of us have found that out.
One more thought. If you want something...pay for it now and make arrangements for shipping or delivery later with the seller.I have waited on people to show up at my house to pick something up and I never heard from them again...NO MAS ! LOL Money talks and BS walks ! Crude but accurate.
Enjoy the hobby...enjoy your friends and family...and don't take it too seriously. Will anyone care in 50 years? LOL
Have a Happy Thanksgiving !
Dave In Cataula, GA.

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
It's interesting that this subject came up at this time. I've been thinking about a similar problem and how to get results. My desire is to have a simple email with a yes or no decision on an item. Over the years, I have been contacted by members, on this site, wanting pumps, parts, signs etc. I traips over to the barn, drag out the piece....which in some cases can be a challenge. Take the pictures needed to show quality. Replace the item..... and head back to the shop. Time consuming, but all part of the game. Then I download the pics, state a price and send.....Then I wait......wait.....wait.....and in some cases, I hear back...."which I want to thank those folks." In most cases....I'm still waiting!!! My point is, I was taught in grade school, that when you write a letter/note to someone, it is their responsibility to answer you in a timely manner? Doesn't that hold true with this meadia? A simple yes/no would be greatly appreciated by this guy. A rating list is not needed.....just common courtesy...I will now step down off my soap box! Happy Thanksgiving! Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Last edited by gasmansgp; Wed Nov 23 2011 04:39 AM.
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Amen to what KW said.I don,t consider anything sold til the money in in my hand.Keep it up for sale til then and first with money gets it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
this isnt e-bay, and glad of it! a member rating would really hurt this site . from the last few years of using this site i know who i can deal with and who i cant.i use this site as a priveledge, and for knowledge, and not to diss members.jm2c.

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have had 2 people back out of a deal in last year. I was asking a fair price on the items, and wasn't looking for a sucker dumb enough to buy my sign. At the time it's a bit annoying, but I'd rather have a chance to do business with these guys again, so I am forgiving. I bet if I boxed up a 6 ft sign and they backed out I would be *****.

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: thermoman
I bet if I boxed up a 6 ft sign and they backed out I would be *****.

NAH! I would be a relief that you didn't have to box it up when you sold it for sure the 2nd time! LOL! It would already be done! wink

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Is is possible that some of the "situations" mentioned above were miss communication? How about if the "supposed" buyer simply forgot? How about if the "supposed" buyer ran into tough times, or has personal problems that are more important than buying something?

Not to be a buzz kill, but the rating system is a horrible idea. I will tell you why.

First time you have a misunderstanding about condition on something, or a gripe about the shipping, boom! Drama!

First thing many will do is have their buddies rate them so they have a high rank.

Members should be thankful for having a place to sell items for free. (although there are many members that donate some of the money to oldgas, which is absolutely awesome)

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Definately not. we have enough problems on this site now. I would actually like to see some other options disappear. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Ron

N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
well said Ryan

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
here's my thoughts on this, so take them with a grain of salt... i think part of the problem is what i like to call "craigslist fever". it's free, with no repercussions based on conduct. i have listed lots of stuff on craigslist from time to time, & immediately get the same quick "i'll take it" emails similar to the ones seen in the for sale section here. since CL is totally anonymous, about 8 out of 10 "i'll take it's" never get followed up on. i think some use the "i'll take it" to reserve the item for further thought as to whether they really want it or not, or to look for similar things cheaper with the luxury of having the 1st seller hold that item while waiting for further contact. i'm thinking maybe a little of the same rings true here. people jump to be the first in line without thinking about if they really want it knowing if they take 5-10 min to really think about it, it might be gone to the next guy.
would some type of feedback system maybe curb some of this activity? possibly. could it also be abused? yes, just like anything else in life, it can be abused by the less than honorable.
i think some of the confusion here comes from some "i'll take it's" being public in the thread & some being via PM. i know some want to keep their purchases private & i respect that, but maybe a milder solution would be if the seller upon receiving an "i'll take it, posts in the thread " item sold pending payment to "member name". then follow up with a "sale completed" or "item available again due to non contact or payment". that would remove some of the ability to abuse a feedback system & anyone curious about a buyers history could search the for sale forum with that members ID.
the biggest thing is respect & common courtesy, like Paul stated above. sometimes its not as simple as waving a magic wand & pictures suddenly appear, it takes time & work. respect that & give the person who's going out of their way to help you the respect & courtesy of a yes or no reply.
also, on the sellers end, it might be helpful to buyers of large items if it is stated up front that larger items may take up to "x" days/weeks to get crated /boxed & shipped. i'm currently waiting on a large item i purchased 6 wks ago, but told the seller up front to "not rush, ship it when its convenient for you". i know some expect it to be shipped out the day payment is made & a good solid disclaimer as to shipping times might bypass a problem later...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have had dealings with many of you on this site and almost all have been good positive transactions. There are lots of lurkers on here that buy stuff that I never see post also and have no problems with them either. There have been a couple of no pays but I just keep a mental note of them for future reference. I never final pack anything until it is paid for. If I say I am going to buy something from one of you rest assured I will buy and pay for it.

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've been around a while and have had many many succesful transactions, with just a few that went south, and honestly they have been in the last year, a sign of the times I guess. The situations could have been resolved out of the gate with a little communication. Circumstances change, people have buyers remorse, which is fine, that's life, but at least have the courtesy to tell the seller, instead of putting them on ignore. This is an honourable hobby save for a few, and being a tight knit group, word travels fast enough, no need for a feedback system, although it would be nice to name repeat offenders.

IMHO we should bring back showing the users total number of posts, it helps clarify reputable users much easier, after a while, the names you don't see every day start to blend.

Last edited by PogoGas.com; Wed Nov 23 2011 12:09 PM.

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
I agree with KW also. This site isnt primarily for selling things. I can see the ratings being misused given the various personality conflicts on here.
I would think that word would get around pretty quickly about a bad buyer, or seller. Those of you that sell all the time should probably demand Paypal in your account within a day of the sale unless you have had good dealings with the buyer in the past.
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
what, Ryan said is right on. Besides don't the mods. have enough to do all ready. happy thanks giving.

V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
I meant to mention that "hats off" should go to Jim. He frequently allows members to weigh in on subjects like this and he really doesn't have to. Some sites I am on are run like a concentration camp. I appreciate the element of democracy he allows on this site...his site.
Thanks Jim
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Vermonter
I meant to mention that "hats off" should go to Jim. He frequently allows members to weigh in on subjects like this and he really doesn't have to. Some sites I am on are run like a concentration camp. I appreciate the element of democracy he allows on this site...his site.
Thanks Jim
John

I'll raise my glass to that as well. Jim's a fair guy and runs a great site.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Lance,

You mentioned:

“IMHO we should bring back showing the users total number of posts, it helps clarify reputable users much easier, after a while, the names you don't see every day start to blend.“

I have hard time connecting the number of posts by a member as to someone being a good buyer ???

Isn’t the registered date good enough?

My 2-cents worth!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I sold 6 books. I know it's not big money but everyone that bought them were guys that had been on oldgas for awhile and i shipped the books before payment.

Funny none of the "what is the value of this" or "how much is this worth" guys never bought the books. LOL Probably never even looked at the post.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
The number of posts for a member is still visible in the member's profile.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I guess I should clarify, there was something about that information showing that helped me clarify identities, maybe I relate to numbers easier thans names, its definately not about them bring a good buyer.

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Don't think that a rating sytem is needed, just fustrated on my end. The last item was a Sinclair base and pole, very heavy. After lowering the price and findng a FREE shipment to Georgia from Illinois, the guy backs out as it is in transit.

A mans word is just as good as money when selling. If I told someone I wanted the item and I would work out the details in a reasonable time frame, I would expect the item to be there when I go to get it. If the buyer sells it out from under me, he's just as bad or even worse than a guy buying and then backing out.

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
to borrow from R. Lee Ermy .....why are we being all namby-pamby about all this? I mean really...
Call the jackwagons out, and maybe they'll quit being flakes.
I'm all for saving the drama for your mama, but I'm also sick of all the political correctness/tiptoeing around/can't be offensive stance taken by so may people nowadays. If deals go bad here, I'd appreciate knowing the players so it doesn't happen to me too! If it gets resolved after the fact, there's that neat feature called 'edit' for your posts.....

"All evil needs to flourish is for good men to do nothing"...(or something like that)

A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
As a seller, you try to find the best place to sell. When you find a good place to sell you stay there. When you find a site or buyer that's not worth it, you don't sell there anymore. It's wrong that one or 5 bad apples mess it up for others but, I have had 5 people on here, back out after saying, "I will buy that." I also have 4 items from here that have been paid for and I have never received. That was all within the last year. More than in the last 10 yrs on ebay. Just my experience.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Bill,
Nice to see you posting again; experience is always fun to watch. As has been noted on several threads around here, membership on oldgas as a newcomer or veteran either one is no guarantee of ethical behavior.Sad, but that is the way it is, I also have felt the disappointment as both a buyer and seller. Perhaps a little self evaluation is in order . I know I'm doing it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Oldgas is SOO ADDICTIVE..... that when some members have said they are done [leaving], less than a Month later they are posting AGAIN!
LOL

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
After an interesting email from another oldgasser regarding my previous post, I am now shocked and amazed. Very disturbing the names that came up that either flaked out or squirreled on deals.....so now I can only presume the reason nobody gets called out is because of so many skeletons in so many closets?Now I'm having second thoughts about the overall credibility of this hobby...... I'm sitting here right now bewildered and disappointed......

My apologies to Jim(who I have always respected and considered a friend) if this post is out of/over the line. If it is, please delete it.

Last edited by fins n vtwins; Fri Nov 25 2011 10:02 PM.
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
OK DICK, I will bite, one more time !
Who are you mad at? Every post is negative.
I have always been here. Since collectors on here stop in and buy my stuff, I thought I would try posting and see what happens.

Last edited by always lookin; Sat Nov 26 2011 09:22 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My first instinct was to say we should call the jackwagons out as Mike suggested.
On second thought, as a former moderator and administrator of this site I know doing so would cause a bunch of problems for the moderators and watchdogs. They're already overworked and under appreciated. I think having a rating system, or a way to report bad transactions (and refereeing the inevitable arguments that would follow) would just add to their workload and accomplish very little as far as changing the bad behavior.
The best thing you can do is network with other collectors and try to stay informed.
I've dealt with around half of the people that have posted on this topic. Most have been good to excellent to deal with.....MOST, not all!!!!!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
I agree with what Lastgas15 says. The member rating feature shows a potential of being abused and causing problems more than helping. Networking by email, PM message or other non-public ways is the best way, IMO. Please pass along only your personal, factual experiences and those of trusted friends. Reputations can be ruined by spreading false info that comes from those intent on hurting someone with whom they have a grudge.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
agree with Fins N Vtwins!

if someone won't make good on their word - let everyone else here know - so we can avoid the same headaches! When criminals were treated like criminals we had far less crime!

PS - great quote!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've been following this for a bit. I guess its time for me to chime in.

I guess that maybe I should be handling even MORE things, than I already do. Sorry guys, I've been a bit busy at work. So lets catch up on a few things here....

1) YES. I still want the box!

2) I recieved only one box. I'm guessing its one of the cans I asked for. I still haven't received the other can yet.

3) No. I did NOT ship what you bought, in my "Divorce Sale Auction", because you NEVER SENT THE MONEY!!! And NO! Its no longer for sale. My inability to hire a laywer and get her out of the house, (due to lack of funds) resulted in me being brutaly beaten one night. I will walk with a limp, the rest of my life now! Thank you!

Can we just kill this this thread now? And get back to what Oldgas is about? Which BTW, its NOT a photo posting blog! Oh wait! I think I made mention of that, in the "Why do people leave the hobby" thread!

Last edited by Thunder II; Mon Nov 28 2011 06:37 PM.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE TIME YOU SHOULD WAIT TO GET ITEM BOUGHT FROM SELLER BEFORE YOU GET NERVOUS AND THINK YOU GOT HOSED? IF YOU SELL SOMETHING AND SHIP SHOULDNT YOU SUPPLY BUYER WITH TRACKING#? I'VE BOUGHT ITEMS HERE BEFORE AND ALL SELLERS GAVE ME TRACKING #'S. THERE SHOULD BE NO REASON THAT AFTER YOU RECIEVE PAYMENT THAT YOU WOULDNT GIVE TRACKING # THERE ARE TWO ITEMS THAT I PURCHASED HERE THAT HAVENT ARRIVED AND ITS BEEN MORE THAN 24 DAYS FOR ONE AND 18 DAYS FOR THE OTHER I KNOW LIFE GETS BUSY BUT YOU GOT PAID HOW ABOUT SOMETHING IN RETURN!!!

Originally Posted By: Big B1
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE TIME YOU SHOULD WAIT TO GET ITEM BOUGHT FROM SELLER BEFORE YOU GET NERVOUS AND THINK YOU GOT HOSED? IF YOU SELL SOMETHING AND SHIP SHOULDNT YOU SUPPLY BUYER WITH TRACKING#? I'VE BOUGHT ITEMS HERE BEFORE AND ALL SELLERS GAVE ME TRACKING #'S. THERE SHOULD BE NO REASON THAT AFTER YOU RECIEVE PAYMENT THAT YOU WOULDNT GIVE TRACKING # THERE ARE TWO ITEMS THAT I PURCHASED HERE THAT HAVENT ARRIVED AND ITS BEEN MORE THAN 24 DAYS FOR ONE AND 18 DAYS FOR THE OTHER I KNOW LIFE GETS BUSY BUT YOU GOT PAID HOW ABOUT SOMETHING IN RETURN!!!

Maybe they shipped it USPS, no tracking numbers there. I dont ever email tracking numbers unless the buyer requests it, but then again, I really try hard to ship items out quickly.

Maybe you should contact the sellers of the stuff you have not seen and get an update or an answer as to why you have not seen it.

And.... get that shift button on your keyboard looked at, it might be stuck.

Last edited by Ryan Underthun; Mon Dec 05 2011 10:23 AM.

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
SHIFT BUTTONS FINE JUST WANTED TO GET MY POINT ACROSS! USPS
has delivery confirmation for .80 Parcel post .70 for priority gives you peace of mind and buyer cant tell you they didnt get item.I've gotten stuff from Canada faster which has to pass through two systems before it gets here.

Just giving you a little grief.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved