Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#287830 - Tue Nov 29 2011 06:28 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: Utah Gas]
PETRO NUT Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: MN
Oh my gosh, please just leave it. You would destroy this site in weeks. Maybe some people should get a different hobby if stuff like this bothers them. If you don't like it then step back from the computer and go for a walk or something. I would think it would be so much work and effort for the mods that it would drive them nuts. Now back to the hunt, have a good week everybody.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#287833 - Tue Nov 29 2011 06:42 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: PETRO NUT]
Loyd Pierce Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mt. Juliet, Tenn.
Call it a none vote ,but I voted don't care,same as the last vote on other topic. Quess I'm just able to adjust.
Jims site and the moderators ,to oversee and you should do whatever you think would be best.

#287835 - Tue Nov 29 2011 06:58 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: oldnfuelish]
Esse's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Janesville, Mn. 56048
Originally Posted By: oldnfuelish
leave as is.if you dont like it,dont read it!

I agree with Mick!!!

#287836 - Tue Nov 29 2011 06:58 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: Loyd Pierce]
Thunder II Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: On the plains of Colorado
One thing that I've learned by being in business, (run a forum) is if you give your customers (members) options, they will Hem & Haw you to death! Example...

There has already been a poll here, about listing a price on "For Sale" items. The poll proved, that the members want a price. Thats a simple fix. No price, no listing!

If ya wanna trade, thats a simple fix, just say ya wanna trade for something.

If ya wanna auction it, thats a simple fix, Just say ya wanna auction it, bidding starts at however many dollars!

NO MORE FORUMS! Simple fix, for a simple problem!

I'd rather be flying.....

#287838 - Tue Nov 29 2011 07:02 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: Utah Gas]
KZ1000 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mass
I think a simple solution is REQUIRE all items are priced if they are For Sale. Most other sites do it and it is very simple and trouble free

#287841 - Tue Nov 29 2011 07:03 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: Mac]
bppierce Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Round Rock, Texas
There's already another forum for sellers that can't list a price, it called "Petroliana Value Questions". I applaud the concern, but this might be a good one to just let the chips fall where they may.

#287842 - Tue Nov 29 2011 07:05 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: KZ1000]
Ryan Underthun Offline

Loc: Duluth, MN U.S.A
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
I think a simple solution is REQUIRE all items are priced if they are For Sale. Most other sites do it and it is very simple and trouble free

I am on board with this.

visit my website for original gas pumps and parts

www.thepumpdump.com

#287851 - Tue Nov 29 2011 07:31 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: Thunder II]
eshaver Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: richmond , Virginia
Originally Posted By: Thunder II
One thing that I've learned by being in business, (run a forum) is if you give your customers (members) options, they will Hem & Haw you to death! Example...

There has already been a poll here, about listing a price on "For Sale" items. The poll proved, that the members want a price. Thats a simple fix. No price, no listing!

If ya wanna trade, thats a simple fix, just say ya wanna trade for something.

If ya wanna auction it, thats a simple fix, Just say ya wanna auction it, bidding starts at however many dollars!

NO MORE FORUMS! Simple fix, for a simple problem!

Hey Thunder , ya got a fantastic idea !Ed Shaver

#287869 - Tue Nov 29 2011 08:06 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: Utah Gas]
57tbirdkid Offline
TBA Feature Host

Loc: NY
Leave one section but delete the ads with "make an offer". As another member said "it's your item price it".

#287875 - Tue Nov 29 2011 08:44 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: 57tbirdkid]
Jarvis Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Evansville, In
Jim, It's your site period do what you like!
I will add my 2 cents... this isn't ebay where you have the option to start low and see if it goes up.
Use the "value wanted section" and then sell it in the for sale area with a price and a picture!
I think the rules need to be price and picture or pictures!
I agree to many are fishing or hoping to not leave $10 on the table.

#287877 - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:06 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: Jarvis]
JamesD Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Texas, near Houston
There are clearly two very different views on this subject. The difference is that people who think "prices should always be listed" are wanting to force others to do business their way. On the other hand, no one has ever been forced or even pressured to "make an offer". I too like to see a price, but respect other peoples right to conduct there affairs as they see fit, so long as they are honest in doing so. Not that hard, if you don't want to make an offer.....
here it comes......
"Don't make an offer"

#287880 - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:18 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: JamesD]
Thunder II Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: JamesD
There are clearly two very different views on this subject. The difference is that people who think "prices should always be listed" are wanting to force others to do business their way. On the other hand, no one has ever been forced or even pressured to "make an offer". I too like to see a price, but respect other peoples right to conduct there affairs as they see fit,

So, what you're saying is, if you have a Porcelean Powerlube sign, say 9.5 condition with no price, you shouldnt be offended by an offer of $25.00.

#287882 - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:24 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: Jarvis]
gasmelincelr Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Mass.
I think the for sale forum should be changed to no price = no ad. The make offer ads annoy me.

#287883 - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:26 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: Thunder II]
Jarvis Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Evansville, In
Thunder... everyone of those posts on this site that does not have a price posted the seller has a price in mind they want for it. They know what they will take for it... they are just seeing if something comes in higher is all.

#287884 - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:29 PM Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum [Re: Jarvis]
Thunder II Offline
Veteran Member

I agree John. But Thats where it should be an "auction"...

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved