Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
no you shouldn't be. its a sign.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
First, thanks to Jim for allowing us to enjoy his web site.

Second, you can never please everyone.

Some people listing high $$ items that the majority of the people on this site can not afford anyway may see it as no ones buisness but theirs and the buyers as to how much was paid for an item. I like to know what stuff sells for so I am better informed as to currect values but if it is not my item to sell and I do not buy it, it is really not my buisness.

Some people are worried they will miss out on a couple bucks and ask for offers, hopeing to get top money out of their item. That should be their right. Unless I really want an item, if it is not priced, I will not even bother asking, same as at the shows. Some dealers have a lot of stuff laid out for sale without prices on it. (Sort of like the one local HD motorcycle dealer)

It is Jims site and he should do as he thinks best, but the way I see it, no one should be forced to list a price on their item. It will probably sell quicker if it is marked but I for one do not think more rules are needed about what I see is a non issue. If you are interested in it, make an offer.

Did I mention, you can never please everyone?

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi I for one hate to make offers- although once in a while i will contact seller to try to get a hint as to what price range he is looking for- Recent try went like this- Seller - I have no Idea what its worth- I offer 100.00- Reply is - Oh -its got to be worth twice that- Inside of about 30 seconds we went to -" I have no Idea what its worth" to At least worth 200.00- I say Fine -Ill take it- Moment of silence-- Seller now realizes that he has been trapped into setting a price-We complete sale and Im happy- not sure about him--Since they everytime he has something to sell it appears with a price- thanks don PS
Will be interesting to see what poll figures show after a few days- I like the old KISS thinking

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wel said.
Sometimes it's hard to please Anyone, just ask my wife!

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
[/quote]So, what you're saying is, if you have a Porcelean Powerlube sign, say 9.5 condition with no price, you shouldnt be offended by an offer of $25.00. [/quote]

I don't believe I "said" that, but I do agree that if you don't want to list a price or at least a ballpark figure, you realy don't have a right to be offended by offers. That is of course assuming that the offer is made in good faith as a reasonable offer, and not as a jab or insult to the seller.

I am only stating my opinion. Like I said, I like to see a price, and can't recall if I have ever made an offer on an unpriced item. But if I don't want to make an offer, I just move on to the next forum. Its not my place to tell someone else how to list their items.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
If you're gonna post it, PRICE it. If you want offers you'll still get them anyway. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Ron

V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
I have an opinion, and it's a really good one. It's an opinion you may have never seen before, so it is rare..unique. I value it very highly, but I won't let you even get a glimpse of it. If you want it, make me an offer, and it better not be insulting.
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
25.00? wink

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Too many cooks spoil the stew! Leave it alone!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I think there should be a number of sub sections for each state then have sub sub sections for each level of post's the person has posted. Out of each sub sub section have qualifiers to determine if the poster has enough post's then divert to a section the is diverse in the type of monies that would need to be transfered to the recieving party in exchange for the said product. This sub, sub, sub section should be listed as to the intent of the post and if there is any chance the poster will recieve monies at the advertised amount. If it wont OR cant be transfered in ownership then it makes sense to me to have a drop down sub section for those of us that just plain want to much for the thing we have. That drop down sub, sub, sub, sub section would be listed in the "Ok now whats this thing really worth" sub sub sub sub sub sector. It really seems like stuff that is priced right should be divided into the previous sub sections then divided into the pre-poster section where the postcount is not taken into account when determining the sub section it would be required to be in. I think this should only be allowed for in the appropreate age group and I think I am going to go get a samich and some grape juice. I really do think this could work but we would need to figure out the level of fines if the respect is not given to each of the sub sections and used in the proper format. I have recently heard of another way of comunicating amongst a group where only hand signals are used.
A very good example of this form of comunication is in this link
http://youtu.be/2xV3zTlgu3Q. I am curantly working on this form of communication in our home and it seems to be working well.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: reply on youtube
This is better then "99%" of the comedians I've seen. It's like watching a retarded version of Sesame Street.

LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I luv u man...... That's too funny!!

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Now Hillside I don't want to insult any lawyers on here but that sounds like lawyerize to me. LOL

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thats funny!! I actualy had to go give a deposition yesterday.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I like Nicole's idea. How about leaving it as it is - WITH addition of requiring a price (and a pic would be great too!). Pics should definitely be mandatory in "what's it worth" section - but that's another thread. Don't see that creating two for sale sections solves the problem (if it is one). It just makes one more section we will have to click into and read - instead of getting all for sale items at once. Very few will be stubborn enough to NOT read the "make offer" section, as we all don't want to miss that next prized item we are searching for. Just my three cents.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved