Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#287865 Tue Nov 29 2011 06:56 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hello, my name is Robert J. Dalley, curator of the West Jordan Historical Museum located in Utah. The museum was established in 1998 and is a 501-3c non-profit organization officially recognized by the IRS and the state of Utah. I have been a registered member on this site for a few weeks and greatly appreciate all the information that has been received. Last year the museum received a 1925 Chevy touring car, in running condition. We have a small garage on the museum site that we have been renovating over the years to become a display of early West Jordan gas stations. I have been researching these gas stations for a number of years and found we had five of them: a Conoco; a Shell station, which became a Chevron and upgraded over the years until it was torn down; a Pep/Vico station, which became /UTOCO, AMOCO/American until it was torn down; an Associated Flying ‘A’/ which became a Sinclair station before it was torn down; a Covey Oil Co station which was bought out by Sinclair and sold Mobile Ethyl and Mobile Regular. I used my research to write stories about these stations and the men who owned and ran them. I am hoping by the time the display is set up to have a small book published about the stations available for sale as a fund raiser for the museum as well as some nice photos to use in the display. The next big step is trying to locate items for display from these stations, oil cans, oil can rack, glass oil bottles, signs, decals, globes etc. Any items related to Associated White Gold Gasoline, Flying A, Associated Aviation Ethyl, PeP88, Stanolind, UTOCO, Shell clam shell, Green Streak Gasoline, Shell, Conoco Gasoline with minute man, Conoco Ethyl Gasoline, Mobile Ethyl or Mobile gasoline with a Bonneville Salt flats racing car. We hope to get at least one gas pump (hopefully a visible pump), maps, map rack, Utah license plates, etc., things you would have found being used in a gas station to repair automobiles. We can give tax receipts for donations. We also have a complete display of tools needed to rebuild a model T engine. Our website is http://www.wjhistory.org/ If anyone on this site would like to help out with donations of needed items, please contact me at 801-255-3116 or 801 403-9030 or email me at bob@dalley.org to make arrangements. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
/24/2chevronstation.jpg/][/URL]
ImageShack.us

ImageShack.us
URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]
[IMG=http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/876/1shellstation.jpg][/IMG]
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by WJHcurator; Tue Nov 29 2011 11:16 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Beautiful Bob, just beautiful. Please allow me to make the first donation. I have an oil dispensor, that was actually a CONOCO piece. It needs to be restored, but consider it yours! Now lets see what we have to do to get it to you.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have some "smalls that i can donate-no tax receipt needed.Will email you

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved