Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#289916 Fri Dec 09 2011 02:29 PM
rlsbee Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an Aqua Systems 850T that I've started restoring. (see my original post http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=43987&Number=280035#Post280035 )
I asked for advice about whether it should be restored as a Tydol pump or as I was going to do, a Sunoco pump. The preffered response seemed to be that it would be best to restore it as Tydol, since the 'T' indicates it was made for Tydol. I've been looking for the correct color scheme. Most Tydol pumps that I've seen are a combination of orange/black/white. As I started blasting the face surround it was obvious that it was orange originally. It had been repainted red. The sides on this pump look like they were originally a medium green. It does not appear that any other color was under the green. Does anyone know if this is an original combination? I was thinking of doing the doors and face surrounds in orange with white or black sides and the 'hat' in black. Comments would be appreciated.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Between 1946-53 Tydol Flying A use a solid green pump with a black base. If I found the colors like you did I would probably use the same paint scheme as what I found. Richard

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved