Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
As we approach this Christmas season, I would hope that we all remember that the true spirit of Christmas is giving, just as the lord gave his only son for the sins of mankind!
I challenge each and every one of you to do an utterly selfless act of generosity for someone and somehow connect it to this great hobby of ours!
This morning I received an email from another Old Gasser, asking me to ship some pump parts that he needed and send him the bill! I replied that the parts were free and that he only owed for the shipping, but as I sat and pondered my actions, I felt that I could easily afford the small amount that would be incurred from the shipping!

I intend to send him the parts absolutely free of charge, simply because he needed them and they will be put to good use!
There were no thoughts of benefits in my actions, only the thought that this season is meant for giving and I really don't like the commercialization of Christmas, so this opportunity seemed to really fit my thoughts on the true spirit of Christmas!
I hereby challenge each of you to watch for an opportunity to do some selfless act for another without thought of compensation or reward! Its the true spirit of Christmas!
Thank you and God Bless!
KEVIN

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good sermon Kevin !

God Bless.

Good idea, Kevin. We need to remember what Christmas is really about.

Last Saturday I stood in front of Walmart ringing a bell for donations to our local food pantry. It was a kick seeing the full range of all sorts of characters go by. Lots of folks dropped something in the can. Didn't dawn on me until then how often I have walked right past bell ringers at Christmas without dropping in a dime. Once in a while a donation, but not often. So I decided I'm going to now look at the organization receiving the funds in the bucket. If I'm buying into what they do, something from me is going in, even if it is small.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Kevin,

Hands and Feet my friend, way to be the Hands and Feet. Your act was an inspiration. Thanks for the reminder.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Oldgas
Good idea, Kevin. We need to remember what Christmas is really about.

Last Saturday I stood in front of Walmart ringing a bell for donations to our local food pantry. It was a kick seeing the full range of all sorts of characters go by. Lots of folks dropped something in the can. Didn't dawn on me until then how often I have walked right past bell ringers at Christmas without dropping in a dime. Once in a while a donation, but not often. So I decided I'm going to now look at the organization receiving the funds in the bucket. If I'm buying into what they do, something from me is going in, even if it is small.

As many of you well know, I sponsor a food drive every year, to help re-supply our local food banks. I'm absolutley AMAZED, at how many people wont even look at us. All we ask for, is "Just One Can"... Every little bit helps.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
great post! as an added challenge, lets see if we can get everyone in the habit of doing this all year long, not just at christmas. would make the world a better place!

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Great thoughts Kevin,
I just rang the bell this morning at our local grocery store for the Salvation Army.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I agree with Terryl, great thoughts Kevin. Being the curator of a small museum, I can speak first hand of the generosity of our local patrons. I also want to thank everyone who have answered my posts with answers to my many questions about signs, pumps etc. All of you on this page are very generous with your time and expertise and spreading your knowledge of a very American era of gas station. I hope all of you and your families will have the best of holidays. Utahbob curator West JOrdan Historical Museum

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Great post Kevin,
I just sent a number of "smalls" to the west Jordan Historical Society as a donation,also paid the postage.

Thanks for reminding us of "The reason for the season"!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
We should do something good for some one each day and not tell anyone about it.

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Every day we are able to sit up and take nourishment is a day to be thankfull and a chance to pay it forward. Man its hard some times with some people,but I try. Just come on news fifth year in a roll they have found gold coin in red bucket at store in clarksville tn. Never at same store or on same day of dec. Coins are worth 1700.00 a piece,thumbs up to that good guy or lady.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
As a new believer saved by the blood of christ I am learning that is not about me and more about others! I am trying to live a better life and teach my kids to always put others first. To give is always better than to receive. Great job Kevin!

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: JimT
We should do something good for some one each day and not tell anyone about it.

Right,could be CONTAGIOUS!

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
OK here is my suggestion.
First list here what you collect by oil companies.

I have about 30 enveloples filled with smalls for Shell, Marathon, Texaco, etc., etc. Too much troubule to put them on Ebay, but they are of value to someone out there.

If for instance, you collect Shell, send me your address and I will send you what I have, I'll pay the postage. As others list what they collect, you send the little things that are just not worth putting on Ebay, to the guy who lists those things he collects and you pay the postage. This is like as pyramid system and the hope is that someone out there has a bag of smalls for what you collect, and will send it to you. If someone lists here that he collects Tydol, then each one of us that has any small items, let's send it to him.
Please do this with the ideas that you will be not getting anything back, but if you do, great, the system is working. I don't collect anything by an oil company, so I don't expect anything back.

Just send me the name of the company you collect and I will send you what I have, but remember, the obligation is to send what you have to another collector.
No names, just list here that you sent, whatever, to a collector.
Pretend this is cheer and spreaad it arround.

Happy holidays, and spread the (?????0 cheer!

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have approx. 45 matchbook covers that are someones, if they want them.

They have no matches, a few of them have no striker ends. All but 2 are from either Oil Companies or Gas stations. (the other 2, one is a Ford advertising and the other Goodyear Tire)

The covers are from different companies and will be shipped in a bubble wrap shipping envelope. I pay the shipping.

All one has to do is give a shout-out here and then send me a PM with their shipping information.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved