Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

OK FELLOW OLDGAS COMRADES....show us your "Buys Of The Week!"

Thanks!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Got this can last week. Thats it for me smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Awesome Graphic Quart, BRAD!

Whenever I see HUDSON, I always think New York, not Kansas City LOL!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not much this week, just this tire patch display.

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Super Nice display Dennis!!

Picked up this 1930's AAA Poster:

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great display Dennis!

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Heres Mine, nos still had the paper on it, gal I used to date called, her husbands dad was a Standard jobber in the day and found 2 of these in his garage, remembered I liked this stuff...Frank

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I collect anything Hyvis oils
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DENNIS!! I DON`T KNOW HOW YOU COME UP WITH YOUR AWESOME BUYS EA WEEK BUT I HAVE TO GIVE YOU KUDO`S.. TXS A LOT ALAN

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Now that's an ex girlfriend. Think what she would have found for you if you had married her???

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1
DENNIS!! I DON`T KNOW HOW YOU COME UP WITH YOUR AWESOME BUYS EA WEEK BUT I HAVE TO GIVE YOU KUDO`S..

X2

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
You guys are amazing to be able to come up with this stuff every week. Good Job! Utahbob

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Been looking for a nice Barq's Gas and Oil for a few years.Power Lube is probably as good as I'll get and fits well with my other "distressed" porcelains-thanks fellow Gasser Scott Wright. Pistn Lube glass bottle from eBay. Everything else is from the distant past.

oldgas.JPG

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks guys, I have been VERY lucky lately. Never lucky enough to have an ex-girlfriend call with stuff though! LOL

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I haven't posted in buys of the week is a long time but had to show this one off.
Here is an original Pure porcelain pump. It has an original globe and sign on it. It's is completely untouched other than than the pump was removed.

With my son Jordan,

Last edited by Jarvis; Sun Dec 11 2011 07:29 PM. Reason: img tags

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Picked up this Sinclair Oils sign the other day. I got it from a friend of mine in Utah. Apprears to be NOS. It also came with a story to it which makes it a more interesting item in my opinion. Story as it was sent to me; "It is one of several that came to me as a group in 1980. As we were opening the Tulsa refinery that Sinclair had just purchased from Texaco, a gentleman called the refinery manager to say he had a bunch of Sinclair items ... were we interested in them? He had been at the Sinclair Sands Springs Oklahoma refinery many years previously dis-assembling a Butler building. The items were under a desk ... he took them home. He was moving to Oregon to live with his son and did not want to take the items with him. The Refinery manager dispatched an employee to his home to retrieve the Sinclair items. The box carried the 6" and 12" vertical bar oil signs, a couple of the red border approx 9" X 1" porcelain signs saying SINCLAIR and a Sinclair globe. I thought the history would be interesting to you."

They do repo signs with this logo, you see them on ebay pretty often coming from overseas. There is a 6 and 12 inch version of this sign, plus 30 inch and larger. There are also flange signs with this logo on them. I have also seen a sign like this that was cut out of an oil well lease sign. Sinclair had several different logos on their lease signs, one like this, one with a drilling rig on it and one with the newer Sinclair trapazoid design on it. I have seen cut outs being offered for sale with both this logo and the trapazoid logo. They normally have a lot of small edge chips all the way around the edges from where it was cut out of the bigger sign. They are also not the same size as an original sign so buyer beware.

And in the background as a bonus is my new non petro buy of the week 2012 Cathy Rankin calandar!

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved