Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I was in Gatlinburg over thanksgiving and on black Friday I dropped the girls off at the outlet mall and I went to walmart to buy shotgun shells for trap shooting the next day. I drop a little money in the red kettle and went in and bought two cases of shells. When I got to my truck (a mile away..LOL) I put them in the back and walked back up to the store and offered the bell ringer lunch and something to drink but he refused it and said he had been there for eight hours and was about to take a break. It put a big smile on his face and mine too!

Great job Kevin.....Merry Christmas to all!

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Next week I will give blood, it will have given 21 gallons. Save a life give blood every two months. All it takes is a little time. Alot of employers will give you time off to do it. It's one more thing to add to this good list of ideas. Richard

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know that since the floor fell out in 2008 and things are costing everyone more, I have actually increased my charitable donations year round. Bob and I live modestly, so they are not big donations, but there are a lot of local charities and non-profits that need help and will be lucky if they make it.

It could be as simple as looking though your closet at clothes you haven't worn for a few years, maybe admitting you will never fit into them again grin , bagging them and dropping the bag off at your local church thrift store. If they are closed they often have a collection bin outside.

I stopped by our local church thrift store on a day they were open and wow, lots of beat up vehicles in the parking lot and lots of folks there picking through the clothes.

The petro link is the gas station prints. Benefiting a local historical society and these forums.

If you want to get some good information about your local gas stations, these are the place to go. This local historical society had gas station pictures but even if the secretary kind of gives you a blank stare, ask to meet some of the older members who will have remembered the stations. You may also meet someone as I did that remembers the station from the 20's or 30's. These folks are leaving us quickly so do it sooner than later.

Last edited by Nicole; Sat Dec 10 2011 11:01 AM.
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Kevin,what a great idea!!Don't know what I'm gonna do yet...butI'm gonna do something!Bob pmed you!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The matchbook covers have found a new home. I hope you enjoy them, Lorne!

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Happy Holidays Jack, The West Jordan Historical Museum is putting together a display of early West Jordan Gas Stations to go along with a 1925 Chevy touring car. The stations we had included a, PEP/UTOCO/AMOCO/American. Chevron, Shell, Conoco, flying A and a Covey. Pumps were Guarantee Visible Model 70, Wayne 615, Gilbarco Model 96C, Wayne Model 60A, Tokheim Model 39ESP, Wayne Model 70, Wayne Model 40 and a T620 Visible
Robert Dalley
c/o West Jordan Historical Museum
1312 W. 8780 S.
West Jordan, UT. 84088

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Everyone has some terrific ideas and like hawike said "it could be contagious"!!
I like Jack Sims idea and if you have any Cities Service stuff that you don't want, send it to me!!
I have a few little Texaco items I would send out if there was a Texaco collector that likes the smalls!

I'm impressed that so many of you have the same kind of feelings that I do about the Christmas season and all of the ideas that each of you have are contributions in themselves! Like garagejunkie said " I don't know what I'm going to do yet but I'm going to do something". These ideas will foster other ideas for different people and like hawkike said--"it could be contagious".

Keep the ideas coming!!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: JimT
We should do something good for some one each day and not tell anyone about it.

That was the best post on a topic filled with great posts!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Did my good dead for the day.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Jarvis

Did you kill another globe ? smile

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Scott Baselt
Originally Posted By: Jarvis

Did you kill another globe ? smile

LOL. I was waiting to see how long this would take...

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LOL... i just noticed i put dead instead of deed. No hurt globes...

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
One envelope sent today, two to go out tomorrow.

Should have said I am looking for ECO air meters or any parts for ECOs. Don't expect anyone to give me these, I will pay for them.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Here is a cool Gilbarco mechanical pencil. First person to post that wants it will get it for free.

thepumpdump 188.jpg

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
I'd like the pencil

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved