Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#29100 Thu Mar 30 2006 09:06 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome Ed..There are ALOT of gas geeks in the Pacific NW..Now that your on this site..you will see.
again welcome

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#29101 Thu Mar 30 2006 05:50 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Welcome to the site! One event that you might want to check out is the Portland Swap Meet this April 7-8-9, 2006 at the Expo. There are 4,200 vendor stalls, many of which have petroliana, such as gas pumps, lubers, signs, etc.
http://www.portlandswapmeet.com/

Chad Haas
Chief Gearhead
VAULT�
12725 SW Millikan Way, Suite 300
Beaverton, OR 97005-1687
http://www.vaultgarage.com
http://www.facebook.com/VaultGarage
#29102 Thu Mar 30 2006 06:00 PM
F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
Huffer,
Welcome from another Pacific NW Gas Geek. As Hubba said... there are a lot of us. If you find yourself around the Seattle area, let me know. It would be nice to meet you.
again, Welcome.

------------------
Frank

Frank
#29103 Thu Mar 30 2006 08:40 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Ed I had Arlington on the brain the other day, I should have said Monroe, it's in the middle of May don't know the exact date. maybe one of the Seattle guys can tell us. There are alot of great guys in your local area with great knowledge and are willing to help. Richard

#29104 Thu Mar 30 2006 10:38 PM
H
huffer Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Petrolania in the Pacific Rim! Glad to hear that the hobby is alive and well here in my neighbor hood - Frank, Chadhaas, DJHubba, thank you so much for the welcome. I'm interested in hearing where all you have found your pumps. Thanks for the tip of the Portland Swap Meet Chad. Looks like I won't be able to make that one, but if that Monroe meet is in May, I'm going to try for that one. I hate it when work gets in the way of the important things. Frank, I get to Seattle on occasion and may just ring you up for lunch or something if it works out. I'm obliged you brought it up. I have to see the petrolania museum in Seattle sometime. I have read about it. Nochevys, I apppreciate your offer to post pictures and I will take you up on it soon. Ed

[This message has been edited by huffer (edited 03-31-2006).]

#29105 Thu Mar 30 2006 11:26 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sombody say LUNCH?..MMMMM....LOL

------------------

#29106 Fri Mar 31 2006 10:48 PM
H
huffer Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hubba
Lunch is on me! Now I just have to get down there. Do you and Frank and other Seattle area Petro-fans ever get together at any particular meet or event? Incidentally - I have heard that moderators are akin to royalty. Others say they are a gift from the deity - all seeing and all knowing. Still, others say that - well, no need to repeat everything I hear! This is a fun group and it would be great to meet you Hubba. Ed

#29107 Sat Apr 01 2006 01:15 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LOL..Ed..I am by no means royalty..LOL. I am just a simple gas geek who loves this old stuff. I dont know everything and I learn everyday from this site and other collectors. I love learning about gas and oil and the related service station items. Its a passion to some obsession to others...LOL. I wasnt trying to get a free lunch my friend..just being funny. The PNW collectors do have what we call gas geek tours..one was just last weekend..shame yo umissed it. keep watching the board or email me directly for another..they usually happen twice a year and we wont have another for some months down the road..they are always an awesome time and you get to view some outstanding private collections. Richard (gatorgaspumps) even made it from walla walla this last time..it was great to meet him and some other collectors thier first time out on the tour. This is what its all about ..collector comradery at its best.

------------------

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved