Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#29243 Fri Apr 25 2003 10:46 AM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
We have discussed having T-shirts for Oldgas.com before, but I haven't taken any action beyond talk. There are two big issues. One is the cost and who makes them. I've gotten some suggestions on that. The other is the design of the shirt graphics.

I have seen some of the work that several talented enthusiasts here on Shop Talk have done. I think it would be appropriate to open this up as a competition for anyone to submit a shirt design to be voted on by the users here on Oldgas.com. Since I envision this as a reasonable cost item that some of you might want, there will be no million dollar prize for the most popular design. Certainly, a signature and plug for yourself would be acceptable in the design.

I'm thinking any of several graphic themes would be cool. A single gas pump, several pumps, a vintage gas station scene or what is in your imagination? The number of colors needed is an issue in the cost of making the shirts.

I'll put reduced size versions of submitted graphics on the site to get comments and, if several designs are submitted, an online vote would be set up. What do you think?
Thanks to Huskybob for the concept.

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I my self like your logo, this is your website and were proud to be members of it ,I think the the attendent and ethyl pump is you ,with Primarily Petroleum at the top in blue and www.oldgas.com accross the bottom in black. so for each color you have a silk screen 4-5 colors . this is my vote. cause when I see that logo I think of this site,

with the colors in this sites logo you can put it on just about any color T- shirt,
of corse we want him just a little bigger or he'd be hard to see on an x-large. ha .

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 04-25-2003).]

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
dwaine is right. keep your logo. cheese

K
Koz Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
As an artist, I can come up with many ideas that would work, and I would find it fun and a challenge, but I have to agree that it should be the logo you have already established. It's a greaat one!

Al Kozeliski

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have to agree with the others. Your logo is very Kool and would look great.

Happy Hunting this weekend!!!!

Scott

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with the others. Use that logo!

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
B
B
Hi,

We have a guy from Iowa print the Ohio Gas t-shirts. He does a great job and has nice prices. The only problem is the shipping but that is not bad. I will be getting our shirts in Monday for our show on the 3rd. They have lots of colors and look great. This year we did a Gulf station.

Oh yea, keep your logo.

Thanks!

Steve

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Jim, I agree with the others. This is the Oldgas.com website with its own logo and that is what should be on the shirts. Please have some available larger then 2X...and with a pocket perhaps.

F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
Jim, I also agree that you should use the logo that is established and associated with this site. Members wearing a shirt with your current logo would be recognized by other members immediately. We all are familiar with them. I recognize both images as oldgas.com "the attendant and pump" as well as the "Computer visible Pump" Just my $.02 cents worth.
ps.. thanks for a GREAT site.

------------------
Frank

Frank
Online Content
Jim,
I had a local company make some bowling team shirts for my team(dont laugh at me). I used real nice shirts with four colors and had our names stitched in them. They were only like 17 bucks apice. I think your idea is great, and if you have some made, mark one up for me. Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think your logo idea is great but would like a polo or golf shirt rather than T-shirt OR maybe both.....

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HERE ARE " MY" SUGGESTIONS,. FIRST, PUT THE BIG "GRAPHICS" ON THE BACK, AND A SMALL LETTERING ON FRONT. MAKE THE SHIRTS IN WHITE AND BLACK AT LEAST.. MABYE A POCKET IN FRONT ON THE T- SHIRTS?? AND YES POLO SHIRTS?? SWEAT SHIRTS?? I PREFER BLACK.. MY UNCLE DOES THIS FOR A LIVING, IF WE GET THE ART WORK DONE, I COULD SET IT UP.. HERE IS A PICTURE OF A SHIRT I JUST GOT.. [FOR IDEA PURPOSES ]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree, KEEP YOUR LOGO.
To keep from having too many on hand at any time, take orders [pre paid]and have them printed when you get 3 or 4 doz. or at end of month.
Dick

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I WILL PRE PAY RIGHT NOW FOR A HALF DOZEN OF EACH SHIRT. [GIFTS,EXTRAS, WHATEVER] NO MATTER WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE..

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Come on guys , Go back and read Jims post ,
he wants to start off slow ,

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved