Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29456 Wed Oct 18 2006 05:10 AM
I
isler Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I have an old Duncan Parking meter that needs new lens. Anyone know where I can get some. They are the flat kind, not the globe type. Thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#29457 Wed Oct 18 2006 07:12 AM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Isler, If I'm not mistaken T-WAY took some old fogged up plastic Duncan lenses and put them on a buffing wheel with some kind of light compound and they came out crystal clear and scratch free . drop him a line jamestreadway@email.com I think he's still in california but he should be home this week I'm sure he could tell you the trick he used

Chris Holt
#29458 Wed Oct 18 2006 07:16 AM
I
isler Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks. That might work on oe side that is just scratched, but the other side is cracked, with a small piece missing, so it will need replacing. I will try it out tonight.

#29459 Wed Oct 18 2006 08:14 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome aboard Isler!
A set of the Duncan parking meter lenses just sold on ebay for $10.51 (brand new). What you can do if you are a member of ebay is to do an advance search. Type in parking meter lens and click the completed items only. There were a couple of the bubble duncan lens and one set of the flat lens (for the model 50). You can then find who the seller is and contact them to see if they have anymore.
The Duncan Model 50 was the very first meter I ever owned. It got me hooked. I have 10 meters now. I would have more but my financial adviser (wife) has tried to keep me from going crazy over them. Goodluck,
Mike

#29460 Wed Oct 18 2006 03:51 PM
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
If it's just flat, have some cut. If you have an original, they can use it as a pattern. If not, take the meter and tell em to make it fit. Should cost ya less than 5 bux a pair.

I've had hunderds of the flat ones cut. I used 1/4" glass and they don't rattle and little kids can't break em as easy.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved