Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#295725 - Sun Jan 08 2012 02:44 PM Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser
Cold Pizza Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Clarendon Hills,IL.
This is a DOLE "Director" model D-500C Serial #D-13674,style 475-2,according to it's ID tag.It was first introduced in 1960.It was the very first 3 flavored mechanical refrigerated unit that came with an optional carbonator,making it self contained.It dispensed both carbonated & non-carbonated drinks.Another first was the addition of frt.& rear merchandising panels,that could be changed to fit the customers needs.
It's self refrigerated,and trumps the older units that you had to pour ice cubes into,to keep cold.
I found this in the basement of the home of an old retired McDonalds Vice President,who was very good friends with Coca Cola's VP back then.He had it installed in the late 1960's,and it's been down there ever since.It was working when I removed it.
It's ALL there that I can see and should work well.Other then plugging it all in,I have no other way to test anything else w/o hooking it all up with syrup,& co2.
This thing is clean and true,and other then some latex paint slopped on it,it'll clean up very nice.No cracks,no chips,no abuse that I can see.The chrome needs polishing,but everything is in order and not broken.It does have some crustrated syrup in the bottom of the plastic reservoirs,but I was too lazy to wipe it out.The floats and their seals are still in there.
It measures 24&1/2"long X 29&1/2"tall X 18&3/4 wide.
It weighs 220lbs,so shipping is not an option.I can deliver to Peotone in March,or can arrange a similar local pick up,but there's now way I'll crate and ship this,as it's just not gonna travel very well.

Everything is vintage & you are getting everything listed/shown below.

*Coke triple syrup Dispenser,complete with everything including it's spill tray,60's era advertisement pics, original electric cord,tops,lines etc.
*Co2 tank w/regulator & hoses
*Water Filter
*Temprite carbonator-THE ORIGINAL to this unit and a VERY hard item to find working today.Most gave up the ghost decades ago.This carbonator is in near perfect condition.

Asking $500
REDL78@ATT.net

Edited by coldpizza (Sun Jan 08 2012 03:59 PM)

Please don't ask

Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.
All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
#295733 - Sun Jan 08 2012 03:16 PM Re: Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

#295734 - Sun Jan 08 2012 03:17 PM Re: Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

#295735 - Sun Jan 08 2012 03:20 PM Re: Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

#295740 - Sun Jan 08 2012 03:45 PM Re: Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser [Re: Cold Pizza]
King of Bling Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: St Louis
NOW THAT IS SWEET

#295743 - Sun Jan 08 2012 03:57 PM Re: Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser [Re: King of Bling]
Veteran Member

You can get boxes of syrup at Sams Club here,any flavor you want.
I could & should wipe it down,but wasn't sure if a prospective buyer would want to display it used & dirty like that,so thought I'd leave it alone.The latex plant will come off,and I started to polish out a lil of the red plastic too,but stopped.
Today,more & more seem to want things "as found" and not all shiney & clean,I'm seeing.
..."I cleaned it up for you".
..."What the hell did you do that for!"

Edited by coldpizza (Sun Jan 08 2012 04:06 PM)

#295759 - Sun Jan 08 2012 04:49 PM Re: Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser [Re: Cold Pizza]
oldnfuelish Online   content
FATW Feature Host

Loc: Antioch,IL
When I was a kid,my dad had one of these set up in our den.coolest thing in the world for a 10-12 year old!to bad I don't drink pop anymore

#295762 - Sun Jan 08 2012 04:57 PM Re: Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser [Re: oldnfuelish]
Veteran Member

Wine spritzers maybe mick.

#304242 - Sun Feb 12 2012 09:40 AM Re: Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser [Re: Cold Pizza]
Veteran Member

Lowering the asking price to $300,and I can bring everything in the pictures above with me to Peotone in March.
The original 45 year old carbonator alone is worth $200 I am told.
REDL78@ATT.NET

#304748 - Tue Feb 14 2012 09:52 AM Re: Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser [Re: Cold Pizza]
Perdue31 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Asheboro, NC
If there was a way you could ship this item I would be interested in buying this to use in my General Store that I run in my local downtown. Thanks, Jeremy 336-953-5158

#304844 - Tue Feb 14 2012 05:37 PM Re: Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser [Re: Perdue31]
JimT Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cleveland,Ohio U.S.A.
Jeremy It would be great to get this fountain flowing again! I hope you get it! If you do be sure to post some pictures of it in use. It sure is priced to sell!

Edited by JimT (Tue Feb 14 2012 05:38 PM)

#304946 - Tue Feb 14 2012 10:26 PM Re: Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser [Re: JimT]
Perdue31 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Asheboro, NC
Yes me and the seller discussed shipping ways but we are both scared because the item is top heavy. It would have to be crated, with padding around all items. I really want it if anyone could figure out a way to ship the dispenser would be great! I would love to have it in my store!

#305536 - Fri Feb 17 2012 05:03 PM Re: Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser [Re: Perdue31]
Veteran Member

The dispenser weighs 180 lbs. as pictured above,not 220 lbs.

#305615 - Fri Feb 17 2012 10:10 PM Re: Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser [Re: Cold Pizza]
JimT Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cleveland,Ohio U.S.A.
I know its none of my business but would it maybe be cheaper to buy a bottle of gas locally than shipping that heavy bottle? I really have no idea what a bottle of CO2 (?) costs. Just an idea.

#305670 - Sat Feb 18 2012 08:58 AM Re: Coca Cola Triple Syrup Fountain Dispenser [Re: JimT]
Veteran Member

Yes...co2 tanks are readily available at many stores in this country.
Buyer has option of deleting it,or anything else if need be depending on their location.I am just including everything as I found with it.
The weight of 180lbs. is just the dispenser alone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog6 

| Check our Book Store for related resources |

Copyright 2014 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved