Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Now I know what DB does when he is not rebending cans.

Craig
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Now that all the first guesses (sp?) at a final price were pretty much blown out of the water, sure would be fun to hear some guesses now.
Personally I have no clue, but I would bet that the high bid will come from somebody that places only 1 bid, the one that counts.

P
P
Trust me, there's more collectors out there than you might think that could and/or would pay $50G for a sign they really want.......this sign is probably one of them.

Richard

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I guessed 40k.... I'm not blown out of the water. I still have a chance.

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
379 watchers now!!

T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
My original guess was 21,550....I am doubling my estimate to
$43,100....
SHAME on the guy threatening to sue! Dick nailed it! A verbal agreement is NOT binding in any court!

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Just going to place a guess,46 something. If buyer has a copy of email,suzi may be in trouble. Judge Judy likes them. The bidding seems to have calmed,but the final seconds will be a slug fest.
Am I cheating? this gives me a window all the way to 47-sue me.

Last edited by Loyd Pierce; Thu Jan 12 2012 08:29 AM.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I wish this person selling the sign nothing but the best of luck. I do wonder if prior to ebay or right after she posted if someone offerd her a price and she agreed and then changed her mind. I believe she is within her legal rights to change her mind. Even ebay has told me they can't force anyone to sell their item ince it is listed. Heck, when you buy a house the seller can still change thier mind at the closing. I was reluctant to speculate as this is a private matter. But I did......

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would think whoever ends up with the sign ,would definitely send someone out to take delivery & not take chances with shipping it.

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I'm available... wink

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
I wish only the best for seller also. Not to stir to far from orginal post. Just a few more thoughts.
Any thing awarded on court shows are payed by promoters of show. Loser is out nothing. And verbals are nothing that will hold up. Learned this the hard way subbing thru contractors when the housing market bellied up. I agree this is a private matter but when you post a statement as seller did attached to auction-not so private anymore.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You know about that "so called lawsuit....lol.." i personally think that's kind of ambiguous of him , 1st off who has an assistant place a call & threaten a lawsuit??? The attorney would be on the phone in my opinion & if they were seriously going to make a attempt at going after "Suzi" in civil court ....."in my opinion" the attorney would not play that card, because we all know what there trying to do with an threatening email like that,just a poor attempt to scare a sweet lady into thinking...... that they need to "OBEY OR ELSE.... EXPECT A LAWSUIT" I can definitely see how a filthy rich "selfish" person would be on the phone with his attorney saying "LOOK ...FIND A REASON, I HAVE TO HAVE THIS SIGN" I WANT WHAT I WANT & I WANT IT NOW" that kind of mentality.He did not get his way & it dose not matter if Suzi committed to a price with a verbal "or" written agreement or email chat, it just dose not stand up in court "agreements", don't get me wrong, they have weight,but good lawyers find ways to go completely around them....i know this from experience running a used car business,unfortunately i have to deal with sue happy folks daily & have been floored by the way agreements are treated in Texas civil courts...they "MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" Suzi it's your sign & you have the right to do as you please ,i personally would not broadcast another thing on ebay . Let er' roll & sit back & enjoy & count money! Good luck & congratulations on your sale!

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Did you ever think Suzi may not own the sign and might be selling it for a collector who does not want to be involved in the sale?

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I'm pretty sure Suzi owns it...for another 4 days & 18 hours anyway.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
wow, trying to sue over a sign. that is pathetic. you win some you lose some, deal with it.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved