Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29801 Thu Feb 05 2004 07:49 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Does anyone know or can GET me the Patent Number off of their original Fry 73 gas pump plate? I need this number to do some investagation on the design of the "mystry" levers on the pump at the USPTO site. If I can get the Patent number I can get the original Patent drawing / blueprints that were filed on the pump so I can see what the heck the levers did.

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#29802 Sun Feb 08 2004 03:31 AM
P
P
Travis, I have a Fry 73 with arrangement you describe. There is no patent on the data plate, just model and S/N. When you push up on top lever, bottom piece near drain back goes down. Pump was all original and seems complete. I have never figured it out either. Good luck. CRA .....

#29803 Sun Feb 08 2004 12:33 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Travis, here is the info you may need. The only patented info on the tag is "Patented Dates" that range from 1-3-1916 to 9-25-1923.
Here is a picture of the ID tap....Hope this will help..Aaron

#29804 Mon Feb 09 2004 11:56 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I have contacted the patent office about this item - but to make it easier for the search on this item and to get the FULL ORIGINAL DRAWINGS AND ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION on this pump - telling what everything on it did and how it was made etc, I need the pattent number off of someones plate. ALL of the plates had a number on this originally - but as you can see from the pic posted above - either this pump was never stamped or it wore off.

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

#29805 Tue Feb 10 2004 12:46 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
What the tag is saying is that certain features on the pump are covered by patents filed or granted on the dates shown, nothing more nothing less. It is a warning to competitors that if you decide you like certain ideas on that model and would like to use them you may be SOL..unless you want to get into a licensing arrangment with them or wait 17 yrs after the date..

Paint the levers when you paint your pump, decide if you want to run em, if not make a diagram of how they were used and put em in a box, store it inside the pump!..dodogas

Just occurred to me that the lever may be used to even the gallons (hard to do with the hand pump lever) ie Full cylinder , the customer wants 6 gallons, let 4 out with lever and nozzle back into underground tank, put an even 6 gallons in the car.

[This message has been edited by dodogas (edited 02-10-2004).]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved