Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Does anyone now if the marbles on ebay with sinclair and mobile really put out buy the gas companies or are they fakes. My son started collecting marbles when i started with cans so i try to help him and he is always looking for cans for me..

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The ones that I have seen are fakes. It is difficult to state for sure without seeing the particular item that you are referring to. I have seen Texaco and Gulf marbles, the packaging and paper labels were very cheap.

Last edited by Dave's Garage; Sat Jan 21 2012 06:48 PM.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
From what I have seen they are all FANTASY items as w/ porcelain logo'd Door Knobs.

C
OP Offline
C
Ebay item # 280808940357 and # 170766861590

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They are all reproduction or fantasy items. Check the sellers other listings and you will note he has all kinds. In his listing the sellers offers that he can make up any marble...not in so many words. But, that's what he/she implies.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks guys. He is all bumbed he had his money out to give me to buy. We are both still learning.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DINO SUPREME should be a DEAD GIVE AWAY.
Seller has 64 listings ALL ARE FANTASY MARBLES.
Get your son to start collecting match Books, but Beware there are some Repops being made also.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The marbles in question are fantasy,the ones i have posted here were put out by Shell Oil many years ago.Though hard to see on the picture the black pouch reads"We make the difference""Quality" and letters W.D.A.-Western Distrubition area.One marble reads on the back"PONC"-which means "Price Of Non Conformance".Another reads"measurement" another reads"performance",another reads"requirements"The dice came with them.All part of a safety program.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
There are a lot of road maps in the $1-$2 range that might be a great starter petro collectible for your son. Very few are being reproduced.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't know how old your son is but get him to help buy your signs with you. When my 20 year old son was about 4 or 5, we were at an oil and gas show where I was looking at a Texaco pump plate. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a couple of dollars and said he "wanted to buy the sign with me." It was one of those moments. I said sure and the dealer said to my son he would give him a good deal. He knocked off another 10% because he thought it was cute. My son said we were partners in the sign and I couldn't sell it without his OK. From then on we were partners in all of the purchases I made. Thanks for triggering the memory.....

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If he goes for the map idea I have about 100 I will give him, you just pay the shipping.

jhsim@petrocollect.com

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If the question is; "Did the Oil Company's ever give away marbles"? The answer is a resounding YES! We gave them away in the mid 60s at the Tidewater station I worked at... A few years later when working for Chevron, we gave away small packages of marbles....

I collected marbles from different Oil company's (gas stations) when we would stop for gas while on vacation...

Of course the older I got the less important such items became, and they ended up either in the back of "the junk drawer", given away or thrown away....

I will need to look through some of my Texaco paperwork, I think there might be a flier from a company advertising Texaco marble packages....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I've still got a small plastic bag of generic marbles,with a Sunoco top label stapled to it,I got as a kid from our local Sunoco station here in town in the early 1970's.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Like someone else said in their posting. Let him think about maps. Lots available & cheap. I'd gladly send him a bunch. Sam

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved